Pilot

Tegan's P.O.V
September 2012

~~~

"Mrs. Fisher, do you think you'll foster another kid? Maybe a girl?" I ask, curiously as she braids my hair for church.

"I have a daughter, but she's an angel baby." She tells me, softly.

"What was her name?"

"London Renee"

"I like that, I think you're a very wonderful mother."

"Thank you, Tegan."

~~~

"Amen," Everyone finishes together.

Pastor had just said the last pray ending this morning's service.

I like church a lot. My favourite part is singing. I like to hear Mrs. Fisher's singing voice. She's really good, I wish she would lead the singing, I think everyone would like to hear her voice. On the other hand, I strongly believe Oliver is tone deaf.

~~~

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

After lunch, Oliver and I rode our bikes to the roofs. My hands are behind my head, propping it up slightly. Oliver is sitting up, his hands pressed flat against the roof, supporting him.

"I want to be a pilot." Oliver answers.

He stands up, sticking his arms out from his sides, like wings.

"I want to be up there in the sky, flying around, above everyone. else" He explains, spinning around in circles.

"That sounds boring boring, sitting on a plane everyday. Plus turbulence from clouds or rain is terrifying. How would you calm frightened flight?"

"The flight attendants can do that" Oliver stops spinning, and shrugs. "What do you want to be?"

"Maybe I should just be a weather woman. You get paid whether you're right or wrong."

~~~

"Now, only one scoop!" Mrs. Fisher tells Oliver and I as we enter an ice cream parlor.

"Yes, ma'am!" Oliver and I respond, enthusiastically.

Mrs. Fished picked up both Oliver and I from school today. Mrs. Marjorie Willis had a parent teacher meeting for Molly and Joy after school. I didn't want to wait around.

My favourite ice cream is Cookies & Cream while Oliver's favourite is Mint Chocolate Chip.

We sit down at the tall tables by the window, eating our ice cream fast, so it doesn't melt.

"Ahh, brain freeze!" Oliver cries, squeezing his eyes shut.

I laugh at him.

"Mrs. Fisher, how do brain freezes happen?"

"That's a bit of a tricky question. I'm not quite sure actually."

"Tegan?" A voice calls from behind me.

I turn around and recognize Zayn. He's easy to remember.

"Zayn!" I cheer, jumping up from the seat.

I run over and give him a quick hug. They had to move back to their apartments in London, but we have been penpals. They sent me a silly group photograph of them and I had Mrs. Marjorie Willis take a picture of me to mail back to them. They even promised me tickets for their upcoming tour.

"Alright?" He asks, looking down at me.

"I'm well! Come meet my friends!" I grab his hands, dragging him to my table.

Zayn is very handsome and sweet. I like him.

"This is Zayn! He's my new friend! This is my friend Oliver, I told you about and this is Mrs. Fisher." I introduce everyone.

"Ello, it's very nice to meet you." Zayn smiles at them.

"You as well!" Mrs. Fisher returns the smile, shaking his hand.

"Tegan, you should visit us soon! Spend the weekend. The boys are rather bored lately while we record." Zayn tells me.

"Really?" I beam.

"Course! A sleepover!"

~~~

Christmas 2015