Pumpkin Everything

Tegan's P.O.V
October 2012

~~~

It's rather strange how Autumn is so beautiful, yet everything is dying.

This evening, I am carving pumpkins with Niall outside on their porch. I'm not quite sure if Niall is the proper pumpkin carving partner.

Inside, Harry is baking pumpkin muffins, which I am rather excited to enjoy.

I have never carved a pumpkin before.

"Okay, now reach inside and pull out all the pumpkins guts." Niall claps his hands together after cutting our tops off.

"What even is all this crud in here?" I ask, pulling out the seeds and gooey stuff.

I scrunch up my nose.

"Mr. Pumpkin's digestive system!" Niall laughs.

"I'd say, my Mr. Pumpkin consumed some rotten eggs." I plug my nose.

"Come on! It couldn't be that smelly!" Niall laughs. "I'll reckon my Mr. Pumpkin ate too many enchiladas on Taco Tuesday."

I laugh, dropping a handful of seeds on the newspaper around us.

The door opens behind us. I turn my head to see Louis and Harry.

"Awe, aren't ya a couple of cuties!" Harry clasps his hands together.

"Say Halloween!" Louis demands, holding his small film camera.

I look into the camera, smiling until the flash goes off.

Louis sits down on the newspaper next to us. I continue pulling out the insides.

"Aye! What'd you do that for?"

I look up to see Louis has splattered removed seeds onto Niall's face. Niall wipes his face with his sleeve.

"Louis!" Harry shouts, bending down, grabbing a handful, then flinging it onto Louis's shirt. "Not Niall!"

"Thank you, Hazza." Niall says, nodding his head once.

"Oh, I see Harry, coming in to be a bit of a hero, aye? Well, you look a bit left out now." Swiftly Louis chucks a handful at Harry.

"Oh, you mean war?" Harry raises an eyebrow, kneeling down on the cement.

"I don't think you want to do that because- well because- I have-I have..." Louis stampers, looking around.

Suddenly, he jumps up, kneeling down behind my back.

"Hey!" I yell. "I am not your human shield, Tomlinson!"

I look at Harry, pouting my lip out.

"Sorry love, you're part of the band now." Harry shrug before flicking the disgusting goop into my hair.

My jaw drops, slowly laughter comes out.

"I didn't know there was an initiation!" I grab some from my hair, throwing it right back at Harry.

"Oh, God, this should be our next album cover." Liam stands in the doorway, his arms crossed. "Let me snap a photograph. Get in there!"

I scoot closer to Harry, my knees bent, my pumpkin sitting in between my legs. Louis gets on his knees behind me and Harry throws his arm around Niall.

~~~

Back in Leyton, I attend church with Mrs. Fisher and Oliver. I'm quite nervous to go today because I will join our church's pianist and play with her. I have been playing a lot with Mrs. Fisher and she taught me a part in one of our regular Hymns.

Mrs. Fisher sends me a wink from the third pew. I smile at her, sitting down on the piano bench.

Center stage, the worship leader directs everyone to the page in their hymns. Shortly, I take a deep breath and prepare my hands over the keys. A smile forms on my face as my fingers press down, playing the introduction. The pianist starts playing next to me. I stop during the verses and join her against during the chorus. I look up from the keys for a moment, to smile up at our pianist. Once the song ends, I stand up from the piano bench, returning to my see beside Oliver.

"Excellent!" he whispers, squeezing my hand.

"Thanks,"

~~~

January 31st, 2015

omfg

my best guy friend was playing songs for me that he just learned on his piano, and I go, "hey, you should learn a One Direction song!"

he goes, "oh, God no! I hate them. I hate hearing the girls at lunch talk about them."

he goes, "there's only one boy band that I like.the wanted."

I WAS LIKE, "HONEY"

he's like, "I like three of their songs."

I was like, "trust me we can find three One Direction songs you like."

seriously don't even know if I can keep him as a friend. lol jk, I love him too much.

~Tÿsöñ