Mud Wrestling

Tegan's P.O.V
April 2013

~~~

For the last couple weeks, I've tried to act like everything was the same. I text the boys. They send me pictures. I always tell them I'm too busy with school to call.

They've probably figured out I'm hiding, but they don't say anything.

Unfortunately, the boys are coming to the penthouse tomorrow. They're staying in Paris for five days.

Ally, Skipper and Nathan distract me from worrying about that. They care about such thirteen year old things, like their hair or boys, so it's easy to dumb myself down to those issues.

Romeo and I practically ignore the other's existence. Sometimes we go at it a bit during lunch and Nathan always starts laughing hysterically.

"So, stranger I have a question." Nathan plops down in his desk next to me. "What the hells the matter with you and Romeo?"

We're sitting in home room, supposed to be studying or doing homework.

"Nothing," I roll my eyes.

"You two fight like a married couple," he raises one of his eyebrows.

"Our personalities clash," I shrug.

I open my notebook, hoping if I look focused he'll stop this conversation.

Then, I get a brilliant idea.

"Nathan! We should hangout this weekend." I suggest.

If Nathan is around, then I don't have to face the music and talk to the boys about anything serious.

"Really? Do what?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"The boys are stopping in on their tour. You could hangout with us." I explain.

"I'll ask my mum!" He smiles.

~~~

To my benefit, Nathan is allowed to hangout on Saturday. The boys arrive to Paris around noon and check into their hotel,

In our WhatsApp group chat, we decide on meeting in a footy field. Adelaide and I pick up Nathan before driving there.

I ring the doorbell at the front of Nathan's brick house.

The door opens, revealing Nathan himself.

"Ello stranger!" He greets, smiling. "Bye, mum! I'll be back later!"

He shuts the front door behind him. We walk off his porch in comfortable silence towards Adelaide's car.

"Adelaide, this is my friend, Nathan. Nathan this is my nanny." I introduce them.

"Lovely to me you!" She smiles at him in the rear view mirror.

"I can't believe I'm gonna meet One Direction!" Nathan squeals, sarcastically.

Adelaide laughs, but I roll my eyes, shaking my head.

At the football fields, the boys arrived first. They're all standing outside in a circle, Louis holding the ball under his armpit. The three of us climb out of the car.