Kicking off in London

Tegan's P.O.V
February 2013

~~~

Tomorrow is my last night with the boys before their tour. Tomorrow they will kick off their tour in London at The O2 Arena. After their performance tomorrow, I will be flying to Paris.

After much consideration, the lads and I decided that while they are traveling, I will live stably in Paris with a nanny. Out of loads of options, we chose this one as the best fit for myself.

~~~

Since I am moving, they got me an iPhone 5. Niall set up a Twitter account for me, that he plans on monitoring to protect me from any irrational fans.

My handle is @ OfficialTeganSwallows. Originally, only the lads, Eleanor, Perrie and Sophia follow me. Many fans have tweeted confusingly at me, wondering who I am. Since we have kept our relationships physically inside, I haven't been papped with them yet. I think my identity will be staying private for awhile, since I will be living in Paris separately from them.

~~~

Breathe Tegan.

I am currently fangirling because I am STANDING in the O2 Arena. The same arena the Spice Girls performed in.

I am backstage with the boys as they prepare for their performance.

Every second of this day was spent doing something. They have been all over the place, meeting with their management, soundcheck, preparing their tour bus, ect.

I spent most of the day with Eleanor. We got lunch together and put all my belongings in a hotel room, so I can sleep after the concert.

I guess my theory on not being papped ended earlier than I suspected. I noticed some journalists following Eleanor and I around during out lunch date. Eleanor did her best to distract me from the uncomfortableness that comes along with being followed.

An exciting bit of today is that I got to meet their bodyguard, Paul, tour bus driver, Mark, their makeup artist, Lou and 5 Seconds of Summer. Shamefully, I am not much of a music listener, but I decided one of my New Year Resolutions should be experiencing more new music.

Calum and Luke took a picture with me on Luke's phone and he Tweeted, "Our favourite member of One Direction!" But didn't tag my handle.

I was sitting on a black leather sofa backstage, wondering about my flight tomorrow. I've never been on a plane and I'll be flying alone.

Airplanes remind me of Oliver. I try not to let that consume my mood, but it feels paticarlily hard, considering this will be the last time I visit the lads for a bit.

Harry joins me on the sofa.

"Alright, T?" He places his hand on my knee.

I nod, giving him a small smile.

He squints his eyes, tilting his head to the side knowingly.

"I miss Oliver." I admit, quitely.

"Aye," he scoots closer, slinging his arm around my shoulders. "You're feeling the right thing. If we all didn't feel that way, I'd be a bit concerned."

I look at his cheeky grin and I roll my eyes playfully. He pinches my cheek and I shake my head.

"Are you nervous to perform?" I ask.

"Yeah, I get a bit anxious. It's a strange adrenaline rush on stage. The sound gets rather overwhelming, you know?"

"Uh, I've got the advice, early bird gets the worm?" I question, jokingly, tilting my head.

Harry turns his head away from me, laughing genuinely.

"Uh, no-no I don't think that's the one!" He admits in between laughs.

I bump my shoulder against his, laughing as well.

"Photograph time!" Louis walks in front of the sofa. "Tegan in the middle, boys you get around."

He hands his camera to Eleanor, then climbing over the back of the sofa, his feet on the cushion. Niall sits in between Louis's Legs. Liam sits on the other side of me and Zayn sits on his lap. I sit up straight, revealing my One Direction hoodie to the camera. Eleanor snaps our photograph. As the flash shines in my eyes, I tear up, realizing how much I'll miss them very quickly.

5 Seconds of Summer kicks off the concert, the noise in the arena increasing. Eleanor and I squeeze into the front, watching their opening act.

"I wanna stay up all night and jump around until we see the sun," One Direction sings while moving all around the stage.

Their energy was a bit chaotic on stage. I feel like I am almost watching them put on an actual show, like their personalities are washed down by their performance.

They sound incredible and the experience of watching them, surrounded by screams and the entire audience singing the words is surreal.

"Hold on to the feeling and don't let it go, cause we gotta go now. Get out of control," Eleanor screams in my air, jumping up and down next to me.

~~~

February 15th, 2016

gotta Zayn!

~Tyson😔