You Meet Him

You were in the park, hanging out with your boyfriend of 5 months. His name was Drake. He seemed to like you a lot and liked your big beautiful brain. You were studying together, which helped your homework anxiety and made you happy to be around him, however, he didn't seem to be enjoying himself at all-- at least, not as much as he used to. 

   This downhill feeling arose maybe a month ago. Any moment you were away from him or your phone felt like a problem. It became exhausting now to give all of your energy into what he wanted whether it was conversation, physical affection, or his request for you to help him with his homework. You tried to keep your focus on the work at hand so you wouldn't feel so tense around him. When things were getting too quiet in the park, he broke the silence.

   "Um, maybe we can go on a real date next time? Maybe we can catch a horror movie next Saturday? So I can hold you close and we can both be scared out of our wits?"

   "Um... Maybe not... On Saturday is when I start my group project for chem."

   "Come on, you gotta relax once in a while. Well, maybe Sunday?"

   "Well... My girlfriends and I are gonna hang out that day."

   The thing was about Drake: he loved to start up arguments and blame it all on you...

   "Can't ya cancel?"

   ...And that's how he started.

"No, my friends are important to me! I spent all week with you, babe," you replied, mostly adding the pet name in hopes of easing the tension between you two.

   He got up and glared at you so suddenly; his movements were oddly sharp. "What are you saying? Your friends are more important than me?"

   "N-No! I-It's just that they need some quality time with me too, a-and so do I. You know how much they mean to me,"

    He stood up and knocked you into the wall. "I need quality time too, babe! None of this nerd crap your head's wrapped up in. I mean, It's bad enough you didn't even finish doing my homework! Now you just wanna learn useless stuff?"

   "I-It's what I love! I have my heart set on it all."

   "What about me?" 

   You stepped forward a little and tried to talk back. Usually, when fights started up, you tried everything in your power to calm them down, but this time, you started talking back, a little frustrated. He never did anything like how he shoved you into the wall, so a flame lit up in you, fueled by... Confusion.

   "Well, My world doesn't revolve around you! I have a life too! I can't be at your beck and call. I do the things I can do because of my efforts! You need to know that I'm also Human and I'm not all yours---"

   He punched you in the stomach. "You talk too much." He pulled on your hair and pushed you against the wall, "You brought this on yourself. You know that right? Whenever we fight it's always because of you,"

   You squirmed around and tears of pain started to form, "L-Let me go!"

   What could you do? This whole hands-on situation has never happened before. You've never had to fight anyone.

   He threw you to the ground with his hands that were pumping with adrenaline. "You selfish brat. You probably don't even have friends, you're probably just trying to avoid me. Shameful little nobody. You should feel lucky I'm telling you this. Nobody else is ever going to love you like I do. I'm your only hope."

   It wasn't true... right?

   "No! You're not! I--"

   "Keep telling yourself that. You're just going to make things... worse."

   He took you by the wrist and slammed you against the wall, twisting your arm, "Tell me how much you need me in your life. You know I'm the only one who can look past your flaws,"

   "Let me go! Please... I can't do this anymore! I don't want to be in this relationship!"

   You heard his pocket knife come out. He never ever took out his pocket knife unless he was actually planning on using it. Your whole body began shaking with adrenaline and you started squirming. He held you tighter and put the blade against your skin, penetrating the wall and delving in.

   "Tell me how much you need me!"

   You began tearing up and felt him let you go unexpectedly. You closed your eyes tightly expecting a slap or punch. You curled into the corner and whimpered out, "I-I-I-I n-need you! I n-need you! Please, just s-stop!"

   You opened your eyes and heard a different voice speaking, in fact, many different voices were speaking at the time. You saw 4 human sized turtles, tossing him into a dumpster and before you could really say anything about the situation, you heard one of them say,
   "Jeez, where'd you find this guy, Assholes R Us?"

   You see an orange masked mutant turtle by you asking, "You okay?"

   You stay silent and traumatized. Your entire lower jaw was shaking in terror, by seeing enormous humanoid turtles with weapons and by your psycho former boyfriend. You didn't want to speak at all. He never when so far as to be violent with you before and it was scarring. The blue masked reptile came over to you.

   "It's going to be okay now. All you need to do is tell the police or someone so he can be restrained."

   You didn't really want to move either. You just sat there shaking with tears sliding down your cheeks. The purple masked turtle knelt down to you and said, "It's going to be okay. May I see your arm?"

   You sniffled and lightly nodded. The cut was very long. From the top of your bicep, and down to the middle of your forearm. He took off the wrappings on his knuckles and held them on the large scar to slow the bleeding. You looked into his eyes, feeling a slight feeling of warmth and safety. He gave the wrappings to you.

   "We can come back and treat your arm if you like. Would you like that?"

   You nodded lightly and heard them talk.

   "Maybe Mikey can stay here and comfort her, and make sure her boyfriend doesn't hurt her," the purple masked one quietly suggested to his other turtle friends.

   "That sounds good bro," the freckled turtle said, flashing a thumbs up.

   "We'll be back with some supplies and something warm to drink," the blue masked turtle spoke.

   The turtle with the warm hazel eyes knelt down to you, "Hi. We're going to let Mikey hang out with you until we get back with some stuff for you."

   Your voice was small, but you really really wanted him to stay with you the most. You managed to squeak out, "Can you stay instead?"

   He nodded and sat beside you. 

   The red masked one said, "How are we supposed to know what stuff to get?"

   "Just get the box that says, Donnie's Box. And get something warm to drink."

   "'Kay." The freckled one nodded.

   They left and you rested your head on his shoulder. He smiled at you and said, "I'm Donnie."

   You sniffled and whispered, "My name's (Y/n)..."