A Bet and Awesome People

So Me, Chase, Amber, Toby, Stephanie, Luke, Faith and Kaiden were all home. Mom and dad had to go to a meeting once again. So Toby made the best idea ever. The Baby Food Challenge. We had taken three different baby foods. Faith and Kaiden were asleep. I bet $5 that Luke couldn't keep the carrots down. Amber bet $10 that Toby wouldn't keep the peas down. Chase bet $6 that I couldn't keep the three flavors down. I grabbed a spoon and walked between the two boys. The first was Peas. Stephanie put it in a bowl and put it in the middle. I took a little bit on my spoon and put it in my mouth. Toby made this face but he swallowed it. Amber gave this glare that said 'you should've puked'. Luke however was having a hard time. He started gagging. I laughed out loud but he managed to swallow it. Stephanie got the next bowl ready. Carrots. We took a spoon full of the mashed carrots. I licked my spoon clean as I watched Luke spit it into the trash. He was out of the challenge. It was me and Toby. Boyfriend vs Girlfriend. Stephanie smiled mischievously as she found the next flavor. Oh crap. I feel bad for Toby. Chicken and broccoli. She put the bowl in front of us and Toby stared at it as if it were poison. We took a spoon full.
"Cheers" I said clicking my spoon gently with his. I licked my spoon as Toby made this face clearly saying he didn't like it. His face said everything. He scrunched his face up like a baby trying a lemon for the first time. We all erupted in laughter. Chase looked disappointed as he gave Amber $6.
"How?!" Toby asked staring at me.
"I have no clue" I said laughing as I threw my hands up in victory. Luke was spitting in the sink and he quickly pulled minty gum from his pocket. I feel like Amber likes Luke. Stephanie is like in her own world. Me and Stephanie have gotten along great. We all have so much in common. She loves the twins. She helped me feed them at Lunch time.
"I challenge you to a race on Mario Cart!" Toby challenged me.
"Challenge accepted" I said as the two of us plopped down on the couch.
"$10 says that Meg will win" Amber said.
"I got my money on Toby" Chase said.
"Chase you're gonna lose everything in your Hulk Piggy Bank" I warned but he didn't care. We grabbed the controllers and started the round. Let's just say Chase lost $10 and Toby sat there in shock. I put my feet up on the table and smiled.
"How?!" Toby asked.
"I don't know" I said laughing at his reaction.
"Okay. Final round. Basketball. Who ever makes it to 20 baskets first wins" Toby said as we exited to the back. Stephanie stood by the door just in case the twins started crying. I grabbed a basket ball and Toby grabbed one as well. It took about 15 minutes.
Toby: 18
Megan: 20
I turned and smiled at Toby. He dropped his ball and looked at me. "Once again... How?!" He asked loudly as we headed back inside. Me and Stephanie brought Kaiden and Faith out of the bedroom and put them in the baby bouncers and played soft music. Toby and my dad should get along. They're both competitive.
Soon mom came home and told us Dad would be at the meeting a little longer. Stephanie asked if we could go get something to eat at a restaurant not far away. Mom gave us money and of course gave me pepper spray just in case. But Chase had to stay with mom since we were older than he is. Mom promised Chase she'd make him the best grilled cheese ever! The five of us left the house and walked down the street. When we went around the corner I slammed into two teenagers. Maybe my age.
"Oh I'm so sorry!" I said helping the one to stand. They were twins. I expect one to say 'watch where you're going' but I got something nicer instead.
"Oh it's okay. It was partly my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going" the one said as she stood up.
"I'm Tara and what you just bumped into is my sister Luna" said Tara.
"Cool names, I'm Megan. This is Amber" I said pointing to Amber who was smiling like a idiot, as usual, "that's Toby, then Luke and Stephanie."
"Nice to meet you" Luna said smiling.
"Do you guys want to go to lunch with us?" Amber asked quickly.
"Sure!" Tara said before her sister could open her mouth. The seven of us walked down to the cafe and got a large table. Tara and Luna were really funny. They made Amber's milk come out of her nose. We all erupted into laughter as Amber hurried to dry the table. Luna was nice to help her.
"So Megan, where are you from?" asked Luna.
"Boston. You?" I asked.
"We were from India but we moved to Boston when we were little" Tara said.
"Awesome" I said, "I guess you might know Mrs Smiths Home for Children."
"Sounds familiar" Luna said. The rest of the time we learned about Tara and Luna's past and I felt bad for them. After Lunch we paid and walked down to the park. The seven of us ran around like goofballs. I think I just made two new best friends.

I would like to say a few awesome things!
The characters Tara and Luna belong to the one and only Starry_nights64 she is awesome! She has her own book called "Things We Lost In The Fire" it's such a great book! Go check it out! I love her story so much!😝
Also thank you guys so much for reading the series! I'm still shocked at how many views I have from the first book! Thank you so much! I LOVE YOU GUYS! ~Kenlee Faith❤️❤️❤️