Pay Back

Chase's P.O.V
So I probably just made the biggest mistake ever. Let's just say it involved a bucket of water and dumping it on Megan. She looks like a wet hamster. So you're probably wondering what I'm doing well I'm hiding in my room like a coward. I'm literally under my bed. She can go from sweet and innocent to a horror movie person with just the snap of the fingers. During this problem I have learned:
1) lock your bedroom door.
2) never play a prank on Megan.
3) never hide under your bed! Worst place to hide! If you do hide there... You are doomed.
My bedroom door swung open and footsteps entered my bedroom.
"Chase. Come out where ever you are" Megan said as her feet stopped at the edge of my bed. Fear written all across my face. She bends down and soon I'm face to face with my sister.
"You're so dead" Megan said helping me out from under my bed. When I got out she tackled me to the ground and sat on me.
"Get off of me" I whined hitting her leg but she didn't move. She laid back on top of me and laughed.
"I should use you as a pillow more often" she said smiling.
"You're squishing me" I said trying to breath.
"Count this as pay back" she said getting up before giving me a death glare, "now don't make me go get Mr Frosty." When she let me watch The Icemen I wished I didn't ask. I shook my head rapidly.
"Great now ever pull a prank on me again... I will get you" she said before walking put of my bedroom leaving fear written across my features. I got changed and walked to the kitchen. Dad stood there drinking coffee.
"Morning buddy" he said messing up my brown hair. Why do they do that?! I fixed my hair quickly, "why is there fear written on your face?"
"Never pour water on Megan" I said sitting down just as Megan walked out of her room with her clothes changed.
"What happened?" Dad asked as he sensed the tension between me and my sister.
"He decided to pour a bucket of water on me" Megan said sitting across from me.
"She laid on top of me" I said.
"He started it" Megan hissed.
"I don't care who started it!" dad said.
"Yeah well tell Chase he better be prepared for the pranks because I'm bringing back!" Megan said grabbing a cookie and she walked back to her room to do her lessons.
"I decide you watch your back" dad said.
"She gets the pranks from you" I said grabbing a cookie.
"Yes, yes she does" dad said smiling as Mom walked out of the bedroom, "good morning my queen." I rolled my eyes at my dad's words.
"Same to you my king" Mom said.
"The prince and Princess seem to be having issues" dad said.
"She sat on me!" I said.
"He poured water on me!" Megan yelled from her room.
"Siblings" mom said rolling her eyes.
"Just like me and Scott" dad said as I went back to my room but I ran back since there was some kind of contraption above my door. I wrapped my arms around my mom and buried my face in her stomach.
"She was serious" I said as mom picked me up.
"She is very serious about pranks" dad said taking a sip of coffee.
"Chris!" Mom said.
"What?" Dad asked, "she gets her pranks from me." Mom put me down and followed me to my room. There was a bucket on top of my door! Mom took down the bucket and let me go into my room.
Aubrey's P.O.V
I walked back to the kitchen and then stopped when I heard Chase scream. Chris laughed into his coffee mug as I made my way back to his room. I opened the door to see my son covered in flour. He sneezed and it went everywhere. I heard Megan laugh from the other room. I took him out of his room and Chris nearly died of laughter. I pushed Chase towards the bathroom to give him a bath. This will be the worst prank war ever. I let Chase get ready for the bath and I walked back to our bedroom to get myself a change of clothes. I felt hands wrap around me and I turned to see my loving husband. "You're a great mom" Chris said kissing my forehead. I loved him yet part of me wanted to leave and take the kids with me. But I couldn't do that again and break Chris's heart. I wondered if Megan liked this life. I shouldn't have took her away in the beginning. She could've been with Chris her whole life. I felt bad.
"Chris. I'm really sorry for taking her away in the past. I wish I could reverse the time and stayed with you" I said, "I should've just left Megan with you and everything would've been-"
"Don't do that to yourself Aubrey. She's here now and so are you. We have three other children as well. That's all what matters. We're a family now" Chris said leaning in.
"But she was gone for so many years. She was 3 when she got there then she was 12 when you found her. I wish I could've just told Mrs Smith to give her to you. Plus you bumped into her in the rain the one day when she was 5" I said.
"I saw the similarities but didn't think about it too much. I'm so stupid" Chris said.
"You're not stupid" I said wrapping my arms around his neck.
"I could've given her a family at 5 but it took me until she was 12 to realize it was her" he said.
"Don't blame any of this on yourself. It's my fault it happened" I said.
"Aubrey-"
"No. I don't want you taking the blame. You don't deserve a girl like me-"
"Aubrey! Stop. Nothing was your fault" he said, I felt better in his arms. I was safe and comfortable. I'd need to be in these warm arms to keep me calm soon, I didn't think the worse could happen.

What do you guys think Aubrey meant but "I'd need to be in these arms to keep me calm soon, I didn't think the worse could happen"? Put your guess in the comments.
I feel like I'm being mean with the next new chapters. So here is an early SORRY! 😝 I'm gonna be so sorry if I make any of you guys cry. Just a warning the next few chapters will have feels. A lot of feels~ Kenlee Faith❤️❤️❤️