Unsteady

I decided to go for a little walk. Chase was at home with dad and the twins. Scarlett came by to help with dad since he's sick. I needed some air. It's been awhile since I've went on a walk by myself. I saw the park ahead so I decided to go for a small walk through the park and then turn back around to go home. I saw someone sitting on a bench watching a little girl play. I walked over to the person and sat down next to the them.
"Megan?" asked the person.
"Hi mom" I said staring at Aubrey with a disappointed look. Her long brown hair was pulled into a bun and she wore a blue sweater with jeans.
"I knew you'd come to me and not Chris" Mom said making me glare at her.
"I didn't come here to go with you. I just decided to go on a walk. Plus I would never go with you even if someone gave me a million dollars" I said.
"How's Chris?" She asked.
"Better now that you're not near him" I said staring at her, "did you really love him? Or did you want money and fame?"
"I don't have to answer those questions" she said.
"I hope you're happy of what you did. You broke apart a family. But I don't count you as family" I said standing up. Before I could walk away she grabbed my wrist. I turned to face her.
"Meggy if I could turn back the c-"
"Don't start with the "I wish I could turn back the clock!" It may have worked last time but it won't work again! You've caused all of us so much pain. We're all just trying to stay together. And don't call me Meggy. I only let people I like call me that" I said yanking my wrist away from her.
"Megan-"
"MOMMY!" a little girl yelled running over.
"What is it, Willow?" Aubrey asked kneeling down to the child's height.
"I found a lady bug" Willow said holding up her finger to show Aubrey the lady bug.
"That's wonderful sweetie" Aubrey said as the girl's blue eyes landed on me.
"Momma, who's that?" Willow asked.
"This is Megan... You're older sister" Aubrey said.
"Cool. It's nice to meet you, Megan" Willow said before running off again.
"So that's the famous Willow" I said crossing my arms over my chest, "she Chris's?"
"No she is not Chris's daughter" Aubrey said angrily.
"Doesn't surprise me" I said.
"We could still be a family" Aubrey said.
"No we can't. I don't want to be near anyone who has caused me so much pain" I said staring at her.
"Megan-"
"Bye, Aubrey" I said walking away from her with tears in my eyes. I hugged myself and kept walking ignoring her cries for me to come back.
"MEGAN!" She called but I kept walking.

I was woken up by someone knocking on the door. Chris was awake and in the kitchen. I got up and walked to the door. "I'll get it" I said making my way through the kitchen and to the door. I put my hand on the door knob and turned it slowly. I opened the door to see someone I'd think I'd never see again. I felt tears form in my eyes as I stared at the women. Maybe in her 30s. My guess 29. Her chocolate brown hair pulled into a bun. She wore a short red dress that matched her ruby red lips. Her smile lit up the room.
"Mom?"

I stared at her in disbelief. She was here. Standing in front of me. "Megan?" She asked as a tear slid down her cheek. This was so real. I threw myself into her arms and hugged her tightly as if nothing would ever separate us.
"Megan who's at the-" Chris said walking into the hallway and stopped when he saw my mom he dropped the plate he had in his hands, "Aubrey?!"
"Chris?" She asked with a big smile.
"You're alive!" Chris said running towards her and pulled her into a big hug. He started crying softly.
"I can't believe it" I said as she stopped hugging Chris and she turned to me.
"I've waited for this day for so many years" she said putting her hand against my pale cheek. I threw my arms around her once more and buried my face in her neck. I couldn't believe it. She was alive. But how?
"I thought you were dead" I said staring into her hazel eyes.
"Long story" she said smiling then without warning Chris quickly planted a kiss on her cheek.
"How about we start over?" Chris asked with a small smile.
"I'd love that" mom said returning the smile.
"Just kiss already!" I groaned and with that they kissed each other. I smiled widely at the sight. Maybe they'll get married and we'd be a big happy family.
"What's all the noise about-" Uncle Scott said walking into the hallway and his jaw dropped at the sight of my mother. He looked like he'd seen a ghost, "A-Aubrey?"
"Hi Scott" she said smiling then Uncle Scott ran for a big hug and squeezed her tightly. My moms cheeks were stained with tears of joy. I couldn't help but cry even more.
"Sweetie, stop crying. I know they are tears of joy but I don't like seeing my baby cry" she said kissing my forehead. I missed her so much.
"I missed you" I said before breaking down and hugged her tightly. Chris came over and joined in the hug.
"One big happy family?" Mom asked Chris.
"One big happy family" Chris said.