Scary Prank

It was late at night while me and Chase were watching a movie we probably shouldn't be watching. We decided it would be fun to watch The Shining. While dad was with the guys. Scarlett was here at the house watching it with us. It was getting to the good part. We sat silently watching. Chase buried his head in Scarlett's shoulder. I clutched the bowl of popcorn with my eyes glued to the screen. I felt something grab my shoulder making me toss the bowl of popcorn into the air. I let out a scream and turned to see dad laughing loudly. I growled at my father making him laugh even more.
"Not funny" I said.
"I think I peed myself" Chase said clutching Scarlett's arm.
"I got home early. Oh and Megan in about 3 days you have an interview on Jimmy Fallon" Dad said.
"Really?!" I asked jumping excitedly.
"Yup" he said.
"AWESOME SAUCE!" I yelled excitedly.
"Alright who let you watch The Shining?!" Dad asked as I pointed at Scarlett.
"She paid me $5" Scarlett said defensively.
"It's a good movie!" I said.
"I know it is. Doesn't mean Chase will think the same" Dad said as we both stared at Chase who was hiding his face in Scarlett's side.
"He said he wanted too" I said smiling.
"Whatever. Scarlett you are released of babysitting duty" he said as Scarlett got up. I turned off the movie. Scarlett said her goodbyes before leaving. Dad turned to face us and had a large smile on his face.
"What?" I asked worried.
"I have to go out to the garage for a second. I'll be back" he said leaving me and Chase in the dark house. I turned on the living room light and sat down with Chase on the couch. West ran into the room and sat down with us. West started barking at the door to the backyard. I grabbed a flashlight and opened the back door. Chase followed behind with his arms wrapped around me.
"Hello?" I asked but there was no one out here. I saw that my back door was open. I backed up toward the guest house. I opened the door and we both walked inside. I turned on the light and locked the door. I always had this fear of someone breaking into the house. My first thought was Aubrey. I told Chase to stay here. He hid in the closet and I walked out of the house. I walked through my bedroom door and looked around the room. The lights were off. I shined the flashlight around the room seeing that my bedroom door that lead out into the hallway was open. I walked out of the room and down the dark hallway. My hands were shaking. I was making my way to the garage. Dad was there. I turned the door knob and looked in the garage expecting to see my dad laughing at my scared expression but no one was in here. My breathing was heavy. I shut the door quietly. I heard something come from Faith's room and I heard her crying. My flashlight flickered and soon the battery's went dead. Oh crap. I walked slowly toward the bedroom and opened the door. Her bed was empty and I started to panic. Where was dad? I rushed out of the room when I heard Chase yell my name.
"CHASE!" I yelled as I ran into the guest house seeing that he was okay.
"What happened?" He asked.
"I can't find dad" I said as he hugged me, "Faith is missing."
"I'm scared" he said.
"So am I" I said worriedly. This time I allowed Chase to come with me. We walked to the kitchen and I found two flashlights. We walked to dad's room and saw nothing. I was starting to worry. I heard a yell from the garage. Me and Chase rushed to the garage and opened the door. I saw a pool of blood near the car. I shut the door hoping Chase didn't see what I saw. Me and Chase ran back to his room and closed the door. I turned on his bedside lamp so we weren't sitting in the darkness. Chase hugged me tightly. I heard a door slam. Me and Chase sat on the bed worried sick.
"I'm going out" I said getting up.
"No don't leave me" Chase said.
"Chase call Scarlett" I said handing him my phone, "if she doesn't answer call Boo Bear. If he doesn't answer call Mackie. Then try Robert, Jeremy, Tom, Chris Hemsworth, or Hayley." Chase started dialing a number. I walked out into the living room.
"Hello?" I asked hoping not to get an answer. I heard a footstep and I turned to face a man. He had a sky mask covering his face. I backed up only to bump into something hard. I turned to see another man.
"Uh oh" I whispered. They came running at me and I quickly moved and they bumped into each other. I ran back to Chase's room as fast as I could to see that his room was empty. The cell phone laid on the ground.
"CHASE!" I screamed. I ran out of the room and down the hallway. I felt something wrap around my stomach and I was lifted off the ground.
"No! Let me go!" I screamed but I was interrupted with a sound of familiar laughter.
"I hate you" I said turning to stare at my dad who had a big smile on his face.
"Did you see the fake blood?" He asked as Boo Bear entered the room.
"I hate you guys so much" I said as Chase came out of the closet with a smile.
"Boo Bear told me not to say anything" Chase said smiling.
"Not funny" I said crossing my arms over my chest. Dad kissed my cheek.
"I'm sorry" he said hugging me.
"I was on the verge of tears" I said as Tom walked in holding Faith. She had a smile on her face.
"But we are very good at pranks" Boo Bear said hugging me.
"Yes, yes you are" I agreed smiling.