Star Gazing (Gally)

"Where are you taking me?" you exclaimed as Gally towed you by your hand across the Glade.

"It's a secret," he smiled and you rolled your eyes. "Just trust me."

"Just trust me," you smirked. "Isn't that what people say before they're murdered?"

Gally stopped and turned to look at you. He thought for a moment, frowned and shrugged, and then continued to drag you across the grass. Soon it was obvious where he was taking you; you were pretty sure he wasn't going to take you to the Slicers.

Gally started climbing the ladder to the tower and you followed close behind. The night air was cool on your cheeks and the fireflies around you made you smile. They hardly came out. Usually only when the weather was really nice.

Once you made it to the top, Gally was already sitting, as if he'd been waiting hours for you. You smiled and furrowed your eyebrows at him and he gave you a wink. What on earth was he planning?

"Okay Gally. Times up. What are we doing up here?"

He takes your hand in his and entwined your fingers. He points up then, at the stars.

You look up and smile. "It's the Big Dipper."

"And there's the little one," Gally points. You nod and a big grin comes across your face.

"I'm not sure I know any others," you admit.

Gally laughs and lays down. You follow his motion. "Well then it's a good thing I do, isn't it?" He was bragging and you roll your eyes at him.

You chuckle and shove his arm playfully.

"Ohh! There," Gally points towards the sky. You squint and try to look for any kind of pattern that he recognized. Eventually you do find it, and you ask him what it was.

"Hercules," he states and outlines the constellation for you. You nod slowly and a goofy smile seeps onto your mouth.

"Maybe it's just me but I don't see how that looks like Hercules at all."

Gally shrugs. "That's about every constellation for you."

You both fade into quietness and stare silently up at the dark sky speckled with bright stars for your light. Gally occasionally pointed out a constellation or two, but for the most part you were just enjoying each others company. Your hands were still attached and you loved the warmth his gave off.

"Oh I see one right there!" You exclaim and point to the sky.

Gally tries to look where you're pointing and shakes his head. "I don't see it."

"Yeah me either. It was just a really bright star." You bite your lip and wait for his reaction.

He scoffs and sits up on his elbow. You stare up at him and furrow your eyebrows.

"I can't believe you'd lie to me to try to impress me," he says sarcastically. "I...I think we're going to have to break up."

You push your bottom lip out and look up to him with wide eyes. "Tragic," you sass.

He leans down and your breathing is mixed. "Extremely tragic. But I can never forgive you for tricking me."

You sit up just enough to kiss him and pull away. "That's too bad. And to think I said I loved you."

"I guess we just weren't written in the stars." Gally sighs and lays back down next to you.

You chuckle and shake your head. "I wouldn't be able to tell so it doesn't matter anyways."

"That's true," Gally murmurs.

You both were staring up at the stars again, with only the hum of insects to remind you where you were. You felt so lucky to have someone like Gally who loved you. You knew that if you were with someone like Thomas or Minho, things wouldn't work the same. Gally was like your perfect fit glove.

You look over to him and watch as he stares up at the galaxies in wonder and questioning. You loved him so much. Your hand tightened around his. He was yours and you were his.

A/N: Sorry for the shortness of this! But I thought it was cute anyways :)