Soft spot (Minho)

You carry the bucket of water to the Gardens with a small smile on your face. You were just happy to help out, no matter how big or small the task. You hand the bucket to Zart and he thanks you, only to instruct you to help Tyler with the vines. You comply happily and walk over to the struggling boy.

"Oh hey, Greenie. Could you help me tie this off?" He holds one end of the vine and you push a section of it stably against the wooden pole he was attempting to tie it around.

You help him tie the rest of the couple vines and when you're finished, he pats you on the back and moves on. Newt was knelt next to where you were standing and was pulling weeds. He grins up at you and you smile back.

"Do you need any help, Newt?"

"No," he shakes his head. "I think I've got the most of the buggers for the most part." He stands and brushes his hands on his leg.

"Well, it looks bloody fantastic," you say a little astonished. Newt smiled at your British accent, glad he wasn't the only one around here with an accent at all. Who knew, you did have the same kind eyes, maybe you were even siblings.

Newt sighed and nodded towards the Maze. "Looks who's back, Y/N."

You turn around to see Minho jogging through. He searches the place until he can see your face and he smiles widely at you. You blush and watch as he keeps running to the Runners hut. Of course you didn't like him! Okay maybe a little.

At lunchtime everyone's lined up for some of Frypans food. It wasn't the best, but it was edible.

Minho pulls up behind you and you can almost feel his smirk. "Hey, Greenie. I was you checking me out earlier."

You shake your head and turn to face him. "I wasn't...checking you out. You were looking at me the same way."

His smirk goes bigger. "Exactly."

Your cheeks go red and you turn back around to move up in the line. Gally hears your stomach grumble and he lets you in front of him with a small smile. Minho tries to pass him too but Gally pushes him back. You laugh silently to yourself.

When you're finally seated, an arm flops around your shoulders and you instantly knew who it was. If the smell of sweat and ivy didn't give it away, the confidence radiating off of him did.

"You know that accent of yours is real cute, right?"

You nearly choke on the water you were drinking. Minho only laughs once he knows you're alright, and you wipe your mouth. "W-what?"

"Your accent," he states. "It's bloody adorable." His attempt to try to imitate it was pathetic, but you still find your cheeks glowing like Christmas lights.

"Does that mean you find mine attractive too, then?" Newt asks seriously. "'Cause I'm pretty sure we have the same one."

Minhos face contorts a little into disgust. "Nah, man. It's different on her."

You wished you could say something but no words were coming.

"Well now look what you've done," Thomas booms. "She's blushing!"

The Gladers all stare at your bright cheeks and you shake your head and bow it, hoping your hair would cover them. It didn't.

***

The next day, Minho came out of the Maze and looked for you, continuing towards the Runners but, as was everyday. Except this time, when he spotted you, he waved you over.

You furrowed your eyebrows but jogged after him out of the gardens. He stopped for you at the entrance of the Runners hut and leaned on the doorframe.

"What's up, Minho?"

You could see a gleam in his eye from you using his name and he bit his lip. "Come with me."

He turned and stepped inside the Runners hut and you hesitated. "I'm not supposed to go in, Minho."

"Oh I'm sure it's fine," he chuckled. You stepped inside after a minute and what you saw took your breath away.

A complete replica of the Maze and the Glade was smack in the middle of the room. Lining the walls were pieces of wood with the Maze and Glade rules carved on them. In the corner was a trunk full of pieces of loose paper that had drawings of the Maze on it. Your attention turned back to the big replica of your home.

"Did you do this?"

Minho nodded and stared at you with folded arms. "Yeah. And this is all of it. Every part of the Maze."

"That's incredible...have you been doing this since you got here?"

Minho stepped towards you so you were only a foot or two away from him. "Since I got here."

"For three bloody years?" you ask.

He nods and steps even closer. You gulp, probably audibly, and your entire face goes red this time.

He smiles at your blushing cheeks and looks at you from under his lashes. Minho bites his lip again and put his hands on your waist. He hesitates before speaking. "Can I kiss you?"

You suck in a sharp breath and somehow a nervous chuckle escapes your lips. How did one say 'yes' again?

"Well-I-um...you can-just," you sputter and Minho shakes his head with a smile.

"I'll never get over how adorable you are," he laughs softly. "So was that a yes?"

You let out a shaky breath and look up to him. "Of course it was," you whisper.

You stand on the tips of your toes until your lips meet. They fit perfectly into his and you couldn't believe how long you'd waited to do that. His hands tighten around your waist a little and you play with the back of his hair, careful not to mess up his somehow perfect hairdo.

Once he pulls away, you look from his lips to his eyes. Humor resided within him and you could see it bubbling to his surface.

"Do I have to ask if I can do that again?"

You roll your eyes and push your lips to his again.