Christmas (Minho)

Frypan was going insane. He was overlooking the entire Christmas dinner and making sure everything was being made right. He himself was cooking the turkey and sweating nervously.

You chuckle and take a seat next to Minho at one of the dinner tables, even though it wasn't anywhere near eating time. He pats your hand and you give him a curious look.

"Minho, when did you guys decide it was Christmas?"

Minho thinks. "I think last month we decided that if Christmas was going to be anytime at all, it might as well be this month. It's our first Christmas in the Glade, ya know?"

You nod. "So I've heard," you chuckle. He'd only told you about it a million times. It was his favorite. He wouldn't take off the Santa hat one of the Sloppers made.

Minho seems to remember something and jumps up in surprise. "Um, I've got to go, but I'll be back for dinner, alright?"

He rushes off before you can say another word. "Odd," you mutter to yourself but shrug.

You wander into the kitchen to help Frypan calm down and ready the turkey.

***

Dinner was ready about an hour after Minho had left. You set out all the food on the scattered round tables and Frypan thanked you for your help while setting out forks.

Chuck saw the food and his eyes went wide. He turned around and ran back around the Glade, declaring that dinner was ready. You chuckle and finish setting the tables.

Everyone was sat at a table, tearing into the food eagerly within minutes of Chucks word. Minho was among them and you sat with him, next to Thomas, Chuck, Alby, Gally and Newt. Thomas was throwing cranberries into Chucks mouth and they colored his lips a dark red. You laughed.

"You know," Newt says behind a mouthful of food. "This is buggin good turkey."

"I'll be sure to tell Frypan," you smile.

Minho snakes an arm around your waist and kisses your cheek. "Ready for this?"

You glance over to him cautiously and he stands quickly. "Who's up for Charades?"

Some boys stand and others cheer. Minho looks down at you and wiggles his eyebrows. You take his hand and stand with him. So apparently you were going to play charades now.

A small group forms by a fire lit in the usual bonfire spots. It wasn't nearly as large as the monthly bonfires but it was still pretty big.

Gally was up first. He stands at the base of the fire and you watch closely for anything that could give away what he was acting out. He pretends to be jogging, then he stops and puts his hands on his hips with fake confidence.

By now, people were yelling out multiple things at once. "Runners! Scared! Oh no, wait it's jogging!"

Gally sighs and shakes his head. He uses both of his hands to shape his hair upwards and then plasters on a smirk. By now, everyone had guessed it.

"Minho!"

Gally laughed. "Finally!" He walked back to his place in the group and next up was Zart.

Minho touched his hair insecurely and frowned. You tried not to laugh at him.

Zart acted out multiple things and it took a couple minutes before people were even close to what it was. He eventually signaled that it was two syllables and people were deep in thought. Zart pretended to have something written on his chest and he wore it like a brand.

"Oh, WICKED!" You chime in. It made sense, because WICKED put their name on everything. Zarts eyes lit up and pointed to you. You smiled and he sat down.

You played charades for probably another hour before everyone wandered off. Everyone was content with full bellies and lazy happy grins. It was a rare time when everyone was in such a good mood. Someone, probably Chuck, had lined empty tin cans on a string around the Glade. From a distance, they really did look like Christmas lights. Everyone was also wearing some kind of Christmas apparel. Yours was a red and green flower strand that you wore around your forehead. Minho seemed to like it.

Once it was getting a little later, you bite your lip and rush up to your room. You hurry and wrap up Minhos present in a blanket and carry it down to the Glade. A blanket worked close enough since there was no wrapping paper.

You finally find him in the middle of the Glade with his own covered present. You both start laughing.

"I should've known!" You shake your head and eye the present in his hand. Yours was much larger, but only because you didn't know how else to make it.

Minho sighs. "And here I thought I was going to surprise you."

"Well, you did that for sure," you chuckle. You hand him his present and he hands you yours.

"At the same time?" you ask. Minho nods.

He opens his and you open yours. You gasp at the small object, and your eyes even tear up a little. It was a string bracelet, but it was very neatly done. The sting itself had to have taken him weeks. But then, there was the charms on it. Little wooden charms that he'd carved himself were tied into the bracelet, hanging slightly. An M was centered next to your initial. Other small charms were lined next to it, like a heart.

You look up to Minho to thank him when you see his surprise and shock on his face from his present. A grin spreads across your face. He was holding it in his hand with a look of awe.

"Well since I, you know, make things, I thought I'd make you that. You needed a new one anyways," you say and shift back and forth on one foot. Did he like it?

Minho puts his new Runners harness on and ties the front pieces together. It fit perfectly, probably even better than his last one. It had a larger pack on the back for him to keep water and food in, and even had a place for him to keep his pencil and paper when mapping. He looked up to you, speechless, and pulled you to him.

"Thank you, Y/N," he whispers. You slip on the bracelet he'd given you and hug him back.

"And thank you!" You pull away so you can see into his eyes clearly. "I don't think I've seen anything more beautiful," you say and stare at the intricate bracelet.

Minho smirks. "Then maybe I should've gotten you a mirror."

Your cheeks go red and you smile. You pull him down to you in a kiss and once you're apart, you hug him. "You're the best," you say quietly.

"So are you. Merry Christmas, Y/N," he replies.

"Merry Christmas, Minho."