Choose (Newt)

"Are not!" A voice was nearly shouting from Frypans kitchen. Your attention turns from the vines you were tying in the Gardens and you look to see a group of boys arguing.

"Oh please! We all know I am," Minho shouted over the others. This only leads to more arguing and outbursts over the group and you stand up straight. You were too distracted to work now so you might as well go see what all this klunk was about.

You walk over to the group tiredly, hearing more shouts.

"Nuh uh!"

"No I am!"

"You guys are all wrong!"

"No obviously it's me!"

You stop just outside of the raging group of boys and clear your throat to declare your presence. All the shouting stops and you put a hand on your hip as they all turn to stare at you awkwardly.

"What on Earth is going on here?" you ask with a little impatience. All you wanted was to get your work done for the day and relax.

"Perfect!" Thomas chimed in. "Y/N can decide!"

All the other boys swiveled around to Thomas to throw their opinions in, most of them agreeing with Thomas.

"Hey!" you yell over the noise. "What exactly am I deciding?"

Newt eventually breaks through to the front of the crowd with an irritated look. "Apparently which Glader is the most vain," he mutters.

You scoff. That was easy. Minho. But you had a feeling that wasn't what they were actually arguing about. You wait patiently for them to all stop talking again and for someone to actually explain to you what was happening.

You pull a frustrated Winston to the side and gesture to the group of boys. "What are you all arguing about?"

Winston smirks and pushes a hand through his hair. "Which one of us is the best looking. But there's really no argument, I mean, it's me."

You take step back and let out a short laugh. Newt steps up next to you and folds his arms. "It's all rubbish, I know."

You begin laughing so hard it's difficult to breathe and Newt gives a small smile to you. He liked to see you happy.

The boys finally turned around, silent, and looked to see what you were laughing at. Mutters sound through the crowd and thy wait for you to explain yourself this time.

"You..." you gasp. "You're fighting over who's the hottest?"

Gally rubs the back of his neck shyly. "Well yeah. Hey, it's not funny."

You straighten up and suck in a deep breath, putting on a serious face. "Yeah, totally serious business. Of the uttermost importance," you say sarcastically.

Newt smirks next to you. Finally someone understood why he thought all of this was complete klunk.

Alby walked past you with an annoyed face on. "Just pick someone please. I can't get them to work until they've decided."

You shake your head. Were they serious? They wanted you to pick who was the hottest?

"None of you. All of you are all ugly shanks. Can I go back to work now?"

Roars erupted around you and you sigh. You weren't getting out of this until you picked someone, were you? Of corse you already knew who it was; Newt. You two had been in a secret relationship for a couple months that none of the Gladers knew about. If they had, then Alby would end it immediately.

Thomas and Minho crowded you and started talking loudly at you and you tried to hear what they were both saying.

"Look! Do you see my hair?" Minho gestured. "No one else can do that!"

"But I have better eyes," Thomas fought back. "And I smell better."

You sigh and pray they would stop soon.

They didn't.

Soon everyone was huddled around you and the warmth of Newts presence was pushed away.

Gally scooted close to you and motioned to his eyebrows. "They are on FLEEK, okay? The rest of them are amateurs. These take work you know?"

You groaned. "Fine! Fine I've picked someone!"

Everyone was quiet and almost every Glader smirked as if they knew you'd picked them. Wow, what a man would do for their ego.

You sigh and nod. "Okay. This is my final answer. Are you all ready?"

Everyone nodded or agreed. You take a deep breath and hold your head high.

"It's Chuck."

A single yell was heard towards the back of the group. "YEAH!"

Chuck pushed his way towards the front and the rest of the boys stared, dumbfounded. Chuck was still beaming when he finally got to the front and the other boys muttered quietly.

"I told all of you, but no one listens to me!" Chuck smiled widely at them all and finally Minho shrugged.

"I can accept that," Minho nodded. He tussled the top of Chucks curly hair and walked back to retrieve his food from Frypan.

"Yeah, that's cool," Winston agreed and Thomas nodded too. The rest of the Gladers finally accepted your answer and parted ways.

You scan the area for Newt and see him leaning against a tree just inside the Deadheads. You jog over to him and come to a stop in front of him.

"Who'd you pick?" he asks with a glimmer in his eye.

"Chuck," you grin.

"Hmm," Newt mulled the idea around in his head and nodded. "Nice choice."

You shrug. "I would've picked you but it's a bit risky," you sigh.

Newt nods understandingly and wraps his arms around you so your head is against his chest. "Well that's alright. I mean, Chuck is quite the looker."

You roll your eyes and kiss him on the lips softly. He was the only one you had eyes for and that's how things would remain.