Poetic (Newt)

You pull your knees close to you and stare into the hypnotic fire. You watch the flames desperately reach to lick the sky but their tongues miss it, grasping at the ash filled air instead.

So intrigued by the fire, you nearly miss Newt speaking to you. You turn your head to him quickly to catch what he said.

"Are you cold?" He slides down next to you on the log and your sides touch. You liked his warmth, but not in a way that you needed to engulf yourself in it. You liked it's subtle presence, always there but never overwhelming.

"No," you trail off and pick at your thumbnail, turning your attention back to the hungry flames. Their warmth radiated onto you in waves, some stronger than others.

Newts arm slipped around your shoulders and he pulled you close enough to him that his lips could touch your cheek. You smile, still gazing into the fire, before looking at him.

"You're sweet, you know that?"

Newt smiles a little. "Mmm," he nods. "Probably too sweet for you." He turns his attention from the ashes floating in the cool air, to you.

"Nah," you sigh. "I think I can handle it."

"Oh really?" Newt chuckles and turns to face you with a sly grin creeping across his lips.

"Yeah," you challenge.

Newt kisses you once on your lips. As soon as his lips leave yours, you find yourself dazed. You try to clear your head and look to him.

"See? I'm totally fine."

"So you are," Newt replies and gets closer to you. You were sure at this point there was no way he could ever get closer. "But what if I did....this!"

Before you can react, Newt lunged at you and you lean backwards, unknowing of what he was doing. His fingers find your sides and start tickling you. Oh no.

You scream and try to crawl away quickly, dirt catching in between your fingertips but nothing helping you move forward. You shout at Newt behind you, laughing at the same time.

"Newt! If you don't stop right now I will-"

"You'll what, love?" He asks and pulls you back to him.

You pause. You had no idea what you'd do.  You fold your arms and stick out your bottom lip.

"Bite you."

"Oh that's a new one," Newt says sarcastically. He rolls his eyes and pulls you close to him again, this time resting your head on his shoulder.

You put your bare feet in front of the bright fire and let it warm them. You breathed in Newts scent deeply and smiled. You absolutely loved the way he smelled.

Sitting up straight, you turn your attention to his hair. He laughs a little and looks at you oddly. "What are you doing?"

"Shh," you quiet him. "I'm braiding your hair."

You bite your lip in concentration and try not to accidentally let go of his short pieces of hair. This would be a lot easier if his hair was longer.

Once you were satisfied with the loose braid that was falling out but never really had form in the first place, you sit back down next to him.

"Happy?" he asks you teasingly. You nod and peck his jawbone.

"Yeah, you look great now. I mean, just really hot."

Newts eyebrows shoot up at your use of the word 'hot' and he looks to you in surprise. "Alright then. Maybe I can use my charms on Alby and he'll give me the day off. What do you think, love?"

You nod. "There's no way he could say no with that hairdo."

"Good that," he whispers and pushes his lips to yours gently.

You pull back laughing. "You're so romantic. 'Good that'?" You raise an eyebrow as you quote him.

"What? I wanted to kiss you and saw my chance. Do you want me to be more poetic?"

You look up, considering it. "Actually, yeah. Go for it."

Newt sighs and clears his throat. You hear the crackling fire in the background as he starts to speak.

"Oh, my love, will thou ever let thy own lips touch mine?" He looks deep into your eyes with a straight face as you begin laughing. He continues anyways, ignoring your amusement.

"Or wilt thou deny me? Dost thou save thine lips for another?"

You put a hand under his chin and laugh. "Mine lips are only for thou."

You press your lips to his and when you pull away, you smirk. "See, there's how you lead into a kiss."

Newt chuckles. "Wilt thou ever forgivest me?"

You roll your eyes. "Newt you can stop."

"But at thine request! How can one stopest the purest form of my admiration?"

"Seriously Newt, I will actually bite you this time." You raise an eyebrow and show him you're serious.

He smirks. "One dost not turn away thine teeth."

You stand and rub your temples. "Where does thou goest?"

You start walking and Newt stands too. You shake your head and resist smiling at his silly behavior as you start walking to the Homestead. "Newt stop!" You laugh as he catches up to you.

"But I cannot be apart from mine own lover!"

"I'm going to kill you," you laugh.

Newt begins to speak again when you turn and press your mouth to his to stop him. When you part, you hold his face in your hands. "Will you stop now?"

He smirks again. "If that's what I get to make you shut me up, I'm never stopping."

You groan and walk into the Homestead, hearing Newts laughter behind you.