Switch (Newt)

The alarm wailed and alerted all the Gladers to the Box which was coming up. It was the end of the week, so as always, it was time for more supplies.

Minho got to the Box first. He jumped inside and passed out crates to some of the other boys. You helped transport the glass jars to Frypan. Everything was unloaded and most of the boys started walking away when Minho jumped back inside.

"There's something in here!" He called.

Your attention was caught and you spun back around to approach Minho. He lifted a brown leather sack, filled with something thick. It was tied off by a string and the outside looked dirty and worn. Minho gave a disappointed look.

"What is this? Flour?" He opened the sack carefully and climbed out of the box. The powder inside was white and thick, but not flour. No, it had a different texture and smell to it.

Minho handed it to Thomas, but apparently he didn't have a good enough hold on it and the bag slumped, spilling the powder on you, Minho, and Chuck.

"Thomas!" you exclaimed. You groaned and tried to rub the powder off of yourself, but it was only sinking in.

"What's going on?" an accented voice called behind you. Newt stopped next to you and looked at the now white shirt you were wearing. "What is this?"

He swept his thumb across your cheek and pulled it back to examine the powder. "I've never seen this before."

Gally came to see what the crowd and your yelling was about. He noticed the bag and took it from Minhos hand, rubbing the dust in his fingers. "What, is this sand? Flour? It doesn't look right..."

Everyone was on the same page. Clueless. "I'll take it to Alby until we can figure out what it is," Minho stated and walked away with what was remaining of the odd bag.

The rest of the day everyone seemed to shrug off the events and continued their work. It wasn't until the next morning when you realized something was very, very wrong.

"NEWT!"  you shouted at the top of your lungs. You breathed heavily and stood in front of the mirror you had. You pushed your hands through your short hair and felt your jawline. No, you were dreaming. You had to be.

Your door burst open and you turned to see, well, YOU rush through the door. It was your body at least, and your voice.

"Bloody heck! What happened? Why are you...what? Is this real?" Newt who was in your body stepped up to examine you, who was now in his body.

"You're me," you said shakily. "And I'm you."

You couldn't help it. You did feel a little excited at having a British accent, but that was beside the point. You were a freaking boy now!

"We need to go to Alby. Now." Newt said with your voice. This was so weird.

Alby was already surrounded by Chuck, Gally, Thomas and Minho. He looked very annoyed and you rushed up to him, out of breath with Newt in tow.

"Newt!" He called and pushed through the other boys. He stepped up to you and you hesitated. You weren't Newt.

"Alby...I have to tell you something. Newt and I switched bodies. That's Newt," you said and pointed to your own body which stood five feet away.

Alby put his head in his hands. "Not you too."

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked to Minho, who looked overjoyed, Gally and Thomas, who looked a tad murderous, and Chuck who looked on the verge of tears. Oh no...

"Wait," Newt said in your voice and stepped up to the boys. "Who are you?" He asked Minho.

"It's me, Chuck! I'm finally cool!" He whispered.