Gallys drink (Newt)

All the Gladers cheered when the keepers threw their torches into the pile. The fire flared up and consumed the wood logs as if it were nothing. Everyone had to take a step back because of the intense heat radiating off of it.

Some of the boys had begun to dance, like Thomas and Minho and you looked at them excitedly. You hardly ever got to dance and when you did, you made sure it was worth remembering the next day.

"Newt!" You run up to him eagerly and hold out your hand. "Wanna go dance?"

Newt looked at your hand and back to you with apologetic eyes. "I'm not one for dancing, sorry love." Newt grabbed a blue tinted jar filled with Gallys special drink. Your heart sank and your hand fell back to your side.

You frowned and sat on a nearby log. You knew Newt was drinking Gallys drink somewhere close to the bonfire to keep warm, but you didn't bother to find him. He usually liked to be alone on these days anyways. You out your head in your hands and stare into the flickering flames.

You began thinking for a moment and sat up straight suddenly. Thomas and Minho were coming right at you. You quickly stood and they grabbed each one of your arms.

"Y/N! Come dance with us!"

You could smells Gallys drink on their breath and looked at them cautiously. You glanced back at Newt who was sipping the drink by himself against the tree. Just because he didn't want to dance didn't mean you couldn't. Besides, Minho and Thomas were your best friends, not to mention the best dancers too.

You get pulled into the group of other dancing Gladers and began to sway back and forth shyly. It took you a while to warm up and actually began moving and dancing like you loved to do. You were handed a drink, sipped at it, and gave it back to whoever put it in your hand first.

Thomas came up behind you and spun you back around from Minho who you were facing. He smiles widely at you and moves his hips and chest to the music in a way you've never seen before. You give him a curious expression and he understands.

"Here I'll teach you!" He yells over the loud noise. You nod and he begins to show you how to move like that.

Newt was watching from the tree, trying to watch anything else but you. He sipped part angry, part jealous, at his drink which was nearly gone now. Okay, maybe he was completely jealous. He didn't like to see you dancing with anyone else except him.

Newt took himself and the last of the drink to where people were dancing and pushed through until he found you. "Y/N!" He grabbed your attention and you spin around.

"Newt...I thought you didn't dance?" You smirk lightly. Who knew he could be so jealous?

"Oh slim it, I'm a great dancer,"he said loudly. You watch in amusement as you wait for him to show you his 'great dancing'.

Newt tries to do the same dance move Thomas had been teaching you, but when he tried to move his hips the same way, he bumped into Chuck behind him and his drink fell, making the jar shatter on the ground. You cover your mouth in shock and try not to laugh. Of course it wasn't the first jar to be broken during one of the bonfire nights, but you always found it funny when one did.

Newt stumbled and nearly fell and you could see the frustrated look on his face. Even with the broken glass on the ground and Chucks now evident annoyance, Newt sill tried to dance. He grabbed you around the waist and you let out an 'oh!' in surprise.

He tried to spin you around but instead he was the one that ended up spinning and falling down. Maybe he'd had too much of Gallys drink.

"Newt why don't we go sit down," you say to him over the noise.

Newt shakes his head stubbornly and stands back up and you make sure he didn't touch any of the broken glass. He steps close to you and takes both of your hands in his. He began swaying back and forth, slow dancing to fast music.

"See?" he yells. "I'm a wonderful dancer!"

You look to your hands that were both held out awkwardly and you raise an eyebrow. Obviously Newt needed to go lie down or something. You nod and look to him to make sure you had his attention.

"Okay Newt why don't you come with me?" You begin to lead him away from the dancing group, much to Thomas and Minhos disappointment.

Newt was slurring things and you weren't exactly sure what he was saying, but you figured it probably wasn't anything important. You take him to his room and help him lie down. He tries to get back up, but you put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"Just go to sleep," you chuckle and move some hair out of his sweaty forehead.

He takes your hand and closes his eyes. "Minnne," he slurs and let's out a deep breath. You stay by his side until he falls asleep and you know he won't be any more embarrassed than he already would be when he woke up.