Embrace (Newt)

*Short*

As soon as the metal top of the box you were in opened, you were pulled out by strong arms. All around you were boys. Some older, some younger looking. You were the only girl why?

Your heart started beating faster involuntarily and you panicked. What were they going to do to you? Some were laughing and others looked scared. You couldn't stay here. You had to leave. Had to get out!

You tried to push past the boys but they grabbed onto you. So much for the flight response. Now it was time to fight.

You throw off the hand that had grabbed you and fling your fist towards the face that belonged to it. Pain shoots up your entire arm at the impact but that's how you knew you'd actually punched them.

They started yelling and you almost wanted to scream back at them with fright. You didn't know what you were doing here either! You just wanted out, but they wouldn't let you leave. So you'd make them.

You thrust your knee upwards and send a boy crumbling to his knees. Guys around you yell out in surprise and some in disgust or sympathy.

"Watch out everyone! She's one of those girls!" a boy yelled. One of those?

You swore you'd bite any arm that came near you, but lucky for them, most of them backed up. You felt like the predator now, not the prey.

Then, a face in the group catches your attention. He was blond and had dark brown eyes, ones that part of you missed. You knew this boy. You loved him.

You lower your clenched fists. "Newt?"

The boy perks up and looks to you, searching your eyes. You walk towards him and automatically the group parts, knowing you'd make them move otherwise. Newt stands there, a little confusion and surprise painted on his face.

Recognition flickers across his features and a smile tugs at his otherwise frowning lips. "Y/N!"

You throw your arms around him and close your eyes. Memories of him came back to you. Sometime before this odd place and before Newt was taken from you.

You press your lips to his and all the boys around you flinch backwards in disgust. "Oh that's gross!" one of them yells.

"Whys he kissin' her back?"

"Do all girls do that?" another says.

You smile against Newts lips and pull away.

He holds your head between his hands and stares at you like you were the world to him. "I remember you," he whispers.

"And I remember you," you reply.

"Obviously!" A boy to your right calls in annoyance.

You shake your head and push your lisp to his again. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad if he was here.