Bad punch (Newt)

*College AU as per request*

Sometimes it was hard being the only girl in your class, but other times, you definitely benefitted. Like now. The time when everyone was getting asked to prom.

You stared at Newt from where you sat, eating your lunch. He had on his trademark leather jacket and his hair was tousled a little from running his hand through it so many times. He wasn't eating, just staring at the table deep in thought. He seemed stressed, worried and hopeless all at the same time. Maybe you should go talk to him...

Just as you stood to go talk to him, you heard loud rhythmic clicking coming towards you, like horse hooves on tile. You look to your left and your jaw drops when you see it really was a horse. Who on Earth had a horse in the college?

The horse skids to a stop in front of you and you slam backwards into the table you'd been sitting at, afraid the horse was going to run over you. You glare at the person riding it. They were in a full suit of armor and they slid their helmet open. It was Minho. One of your best friends.

"Minho? What are you doing with a horse in here?" You exclaim in astonishment.

"Asking you to prom," he smirks. He slides off the horse gracefully and drops in front of you loudly.

"Y/N, will you be my princess for a night and go to prom with me?" Minho was holding a tiara, and you stared at it in confusion. Did you take it if you accepted it or...?

"I...er..."

"If you need time to think about it, just let me know," he gave you a big smile. "But let me know either way soon because I need to leave or else I'll be kicked off campus."

"I'll think about it," you force a smile.

Minho accepts your answer and hands the crown to you. "In case you decide to go with me."

Then, he jumps back onto the horse and races through the cafeteria. You pause with the tiara in one hand and the table under your other. It wasn't the first time you'd been asked to prom this year but man was it the most memorable. You look from the tiara and up, to where Newt sat. Then back to the tiara, and repeat.

If Newt didn't ask you to prom soon like you were hoping...you'd have to accept Minhos offer. Or one of the other five guys that had already asked you. You just really, really hoped Newt would ask.

You sat back down and finished your lunch, deep in thought. The crown sat in your sight and every once in a while you'd peek over your shoulder to glance at Newt, until one time you looked, he was gone.

***

Brenda runs up next to you in the way to your next class, and starts screeching. You eventually calm her down and ask what she was so excited, or terrified, about.

"Thomas! He asked me to PROM!" She spun around once and pushed her hands to her mouth. She was such a girl sometimes.

"I'm so happy for you! That's really amazing!" You said with a lack of enthusiasm.

Her excited eyes fell and she lowered her hands. "Has anyone asked you?"

You nod quickly. "Yeah actually. Five guys."

"Wow! Someone's popular. So why are you being such a downer?" Brenda playfully punched her arm with a sympathetic look.

"Newt hasn't asked me yet. I don't know if he will." Saying the words made them that much more read and you frown.