Showers (Newt)

You bend over and rub the towel through your hair, trying to get all of the water out of it. You knew it'd probably will drip anyways but what else could you do?

You step out of the showers in your old clothes and into the Glade feeling refreshed and finally clean, even if it would only last a couple hours. You take the towel and yourself up to your room and look for a spare change of clothes. Did you have any that were still clean or did you have to give some to the Sloppers to wash them? You'd always hated doing that. It was...awkward to say in the least, sine you were the only girl. You wince as you remember the painful process of explaining what a bra was and what it did.

You finally, to your relief, find some clothes that were still clean and slip them on quickly after changing out your dirty ones. Your hand automatically reaches for your ponytail holder, but it wasn't on your wrist. You furrow your eyebrows and search around you for it, confused as to where it might've went. You groan and put a hand over your face when you realize where it was.

The showers.

"Fine then," you huff to yourself and march your way back to the other side of the Glade and back to the showers. You didn't like coming here in the first place. Boys always whistled at you and you gave them glares that made them immediately stop.

You walk there barefoot, not bothering to put on shoes. Besides you liked the feel of the soft gras on your toes. It made you smile.

You walk in the showers and into the stall you'd been in, not even caring to listen if there was water running or not. You were too focused on where you might've left the stupid thing. On the floor? The little shelf? Maybe it was on the counter-

"OH MY-" you scream as you pull back the curtain to the stall you'd previously been in. You shriek and quickly drop the curtain, backing away and hitting into the opposite wall.

You entire body was tense and you stared forward at the shower stall that was obviously taken. Steam billowed from the top of the shower and clouded the area between you two.

"Bloody heck!" a shout comes from behind the curtain and the water immediately shuts off. Newts torso peeks out from behind the curtain and he uses the rest of it to hide behind. His hair was still covered in soap and in odd directions. "Y/N? What in the world?"

You shake your head and with wide eyes, stare into Newts. "I'm honestly so so sorry, Newt. I didn't know you were in there a-and I was just looking for my ponytail holder and oh my gosh I'm so sorry."

Newt pauses for a moment and then bursts out laughing. You stare with terror still on your face, but you couldn't help but notice his bare chest. You had to force yourself to look away from it and back to Newts eyes. You glanced around the entire building, trying to look anywhere else than him. You made a mental note to always listen for anyone showering before just barging in.

"Well did you at least enjoy the show?" Newt smirks and you roll your eyes.

"And I'm leaving," you let out a deep breath and hurry out of the showers.

You decided it was best to stay and wait for Newt, to apologize again. And to retrieve your hair tie of course. What you'd originally planned to do before...that happened.

Newt took another five minutes before he exited the showers too and came out, fully clothed thankfully, with an amused face still painted on. He spotted you immediately and walked towards you.

You could feel the blood rush to your face and knew it was evident how embarrassed you were. Newt stopped in front of you with a towel he was still running through his hair a couple times.

"Newt I-I..." You pressed your back to the tree you were leaning on and he only got closer.

"Mmhmm?" He waited patiently for your answer with a playful expression. You shake your head and roll your eyes.

"Can I have my ponytail holder back?" You held out your hand and tried to look confident when in reality you knew your burning cheeks gave you away.

Newt chuckled and lifted his hand which held your hair tie. You took it from him and slid it around your wrist quickly, planning to walk away right after.

Newt took your hand and you stared up to him with confused eyes. Your heart sped up and he flashed a smile down at you. "You're so adorable when you're embarrassed."

"Shut up," you mutter and your cheeks burn even hotter which makes Newt grin with victory.

He leans in close enough that you're completely against the bark of the tree and his lips are inches away from yours. His gaze flickers between your lips and eyes, making his intentions known.

Well, you weren't going to stop him. Instead you push up on your toes a little so your mouth meets his. You wind a hand around the back of his neck and he smiles against your lips.

"You know," he says and pulls away. "I might just forgive you for being a peeping tom."

You shake your head at him. "You know that wasn't what happened."

"Wasn't it?" He pushes his mouth quickly to yours again.

"Slim it shank," you eye him and he shrugs, unapologetic.

A smile slips across your mouth and he wiggles his eyebrows at you.

"You're unbelievable," you sigh.

"I know," he grins.