Blondie (Newt)

"Hello?" you scream upwards and hang onto the shaking box. You were heading upwards and extremely fast. Was this how you die? You could think of better, nobler ways to go out than a hard impact on an approaching cement wall, but you didn't really have a choice, did you?

Suddenly an alarm starts screaming and you cover your ears. The box comes to a screeching halt and you're thrown to the ground. You decide to stay on the ground in case the box started moving again.

Two doors above you open outwards and suddenly the dark box is filled with light. Around you, you can see crates and food, jars and even an animal or two. Who would need all of this stuff?

"Holy...someone get Alby! It's a girl!" someone shouts out.

You look above you and see that only boys stood. There were five of them, the rest had went to look for whoever Alby was. One of them jumped in and you knew it was time to act.

The moment their feet hit the bottom of the Box, you pushed them forward and they fell backwards. A couple boys above you yelled and you climbed out of the box, which was surprisingly more difficult than you imagined.

Another boy with dark hair and an Asian look to him stood in front of you and tried to grab your arm. You caught his wrist first and pulled it to the side while pushing on his forearm with your other hand. He had no choice but to fall to the ground. You had no idea where you learned how to do all of this, but somehow you knew.

The next boy, a little shorter and younger than the rest but with curly, bouncy hair, was in front of you. You watched as his eyes went wide and he started jogging away from you. You were relieved as it was one less person to fight.

You started to run, realizing that with all the boys around you, you weren't going to take them all on at once. There was no way you'd win that.

"Thomas!" Someone yelled. "She's going for the doors!"

Is that what they were? Doors? "Stay away from me!" you shout back.

Someone, apparently called Winston by the others, stood in front of you and you slammed into him, not seeing him there at first because your attention was on the boys behind you. You push him back and knee him in the stomach before he kneels down and you push him over, only to hit into another person.

This time the boy was tall with blond hair and brown eyes. You paused for a moment, not realizing you'd find him that attractive.

You push him back but he only stumbles a little. You throw a punch, only to have it blocked by his forearm.

"Hey, listen to me!" You ignore him and try to kick him. "Stop fighting, were not going to hurt you." Only now you realized he had a British accent. How...odd.

He grabbed your wrist which you tried to yank back but he was too strong. "Get off of me!" You shout.

"No you need to bloody listen to me," he says. He pulls you close enough to him that you were pressed against his chest and your arms were trapped in front of you, against his chest. You try banging your fists against him but it had no effect. Was this guy a tank or something?

His hold on your arms is tight and you want him to let go, but you knew that wasn't going to happen. Instead you're both stuck there, his arms trapping you against him while the other boys came towards the both of you.

"Of corse it'd be you to stop this demon," the Asian boy muttered the the one that held you. You glared at him for his choice of words.

"Let go of me," you snarled.

"Not until you realize you're perfectly safe here. We're not going to hurt you, and-"

A bigger crowd of boys rushed forward. One had darker skin and seemed to be the leader of this mess. He took in your face and hair and stature. He shook his head. "Take her to the pit!"

You didn't know what the pit was but you didn't want to go there. You thrashed against the blond boys arms but it had no effect.

"Wait, Alby," Blondie said. "I think I can talk to her."

The leader, Alby, raised an eyebrow. "You sure?"

Blondie nodded and the rest of the boys slowly walked away, casting uneasy glances at you. By now you were exhausted and didn't care to run. You believed Blondie about being safe, but that didn't mean you liked it.

"Are you going to listen to me?" He asked. You nodded stubbornly and he released you.

You stayed where you were and Blondie watched you carefully. "Good. Now I'm going to tell you a couple things, and I need you to listen carefully."

You didn't say anything but instead rubbed at your wrists where he'd held you.

After a couple minutes of him talking and leading you around this place he called the Glade, you finally were allowed to ask questions.

"Why are there no girls?"

He shrugs. "You're the first."

"Okay then, Blondie. What's outside those doors?" You motion to the doors on your left and he rubs the back of his neck.

"First, my name's Newt. Second, what's out there is nothing you want to see. You'll learn soon enough, but how about we give it a break for today, yeah?"

You narrow your eyes. "Fine," you mutter. "But I'm still calling you Blondie."