Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Four: Not a Dancer...

• Dedicated to Michael Werder

So this goes to one of my best guy friends in the whole wide world. *Sighing* We met in Aida and at first, I don't think he liked me hahaha. As we got to know each other, I think he now....deals with me lol XD. MIchael is one of my best guy friends in the whole wide freaking world. He tells it as it is, he is smart, funny, a great musician, and unlike Rosalie, MICHAEL IS AN AMAZING DANCER!!!! he's also been through a lot, like myself (and Emma!!!) So this chapter goes to you!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________ 

And who walked into the door but none other than Lee and Rosie. Huh. I didn’t know Rosie danced.

“Ah there you are. And who is this?” Mrs. Johnson asked, turning towards Rosalie.

“This is Rosalie. She’s danced for about two years so I figured she could join our new elite team. Our group routine won nationals last year and Emma over there,” she didn’t even glance in my direction, “won second place overall. So we’re really good.”

“Well we could always use new people. And I was just about to talk about what we’re doing for competition this year.”

Lee’s eyes lit up and Rosalie just looked awkward and uncomfortable. Well looks like she’s stuck under Lee’s shadow. Good luck getting out. Lee looked at me and glared. She hated the fact that I could dance better than her and ever since I’ve started going here, she’s made it her goal to beat me at everything. She hasn’t won yet. But I’m beginning to get nervous. She has been training a lot over the summer. Or so she says.

“Now for the group number, we are going to do “Disturbia” by Rhianna. You must know ladies that only five of you get to be the lead dancers in this, which means you will be doing all the barrel turns, contracts, releases ,spirals, hinges, attitude turns, and other crazy stuff. And you all have to do it in synch.” I could tell Rosalie was getting nervous without scanning the room to find her. I of course wasn’t.

And neither was Lee.

“And also, I want Emma to do a solo for “Mercy,” and Lee to do a solo to “The time is now.” I glowered. Great, so not only would I be doing a solo, but so would she. Uggh. My day can’t get any worse. And I knew Lee was smirking with delight.

“But I’m not done!” Mrs. Johnson shouted as the chatter began to rise. “The two girls will also do a duet to “Walking on Air.”I’ve got the whole thing planned! We’ll work on the group dance first. Then, ladies, we’ll work hard core after school on Mondays, Thursdays, and if you can come here to the studio on Saturdays it would be very helpful. Competition is in two months. And if we wanna get to regional’s and what not, we gotta work and I mean work hard.

I gaped. A duet with her?!!? That wasn’t even possible.

Mrs. Johnson walked to the speakers and began the music.

.

We stood in four lines, me and Lee in the front, Rosalie way in the back. I guess she was nervous. Ha, she should be.

“Five, six, seven eight!” Mrs. Johnson began and we did.

We did all sorts of things: back flips, putting our legs over our heads, turns, twists, arches, everything imaginable.

I was huffing and puffing by the end of rehearsal.

I watched Rosalie the whole time. She wasn’t a dancer. I walked to her side and she smiled sweetly at me. I bet she felt sorry.

Just then Lee came up to us, glaring at me. “What do you want, loser?”

I ignored her and lightly touched Rosalie’s arm. “Yeah?” she asked gently.

I shook my head and did a quick step-ball-change. Hopefully she would understand that she couldn’t dance.

“What?” she asked, trying to understand. Great, she’ll never understand and she’ll bring us down.

“Never mind, let’s go Rosie.” Lee snapped, dragging Rosie out the door.

Well, looks like we’re gonna lose the competition.