Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Fifty Five:I'm your Girlfriend

October 21                                                                                 Lee POV

Me and Lawrence were in Starbucks waiting for the Barista to finish taking our order.

“That will be $6.30.” she said. Lawrence turned to me.

“You gonna pay?” He asked warily.

“The guy pays!!” I snapped.

“Right.” He dug around in his pocket and handed the Barita the money.

“What name should I put?

“Em-I mean Lawrence.” The Barista nodded and we walked to a secluded booth.

“Snap out of it!” I yelled at him.

“Out of what?!” He asked.

“This damn Emma thing! I’m your girlfriend. You had your diversions, but now bring your attention back to me!”

“She’s a lot nicer than you,” He mumbled under his breath.

“Excuse me?!”

“Emma’s a lot nicer than you.” He spoke up.

“She can’t freaking talk!!” I yelled in an exasperated tone.

“So, she’s nicer than you.”

“LAWRENCE!!!” Lawrence stood to get our coffees, but before he left, I stopped him.

“Let’s not talk about her right now. Let’s just be the cute happy couple.” I laced my hands into his. “Ok?” He nodded, let go of my hand, and went to get our drinks.

Damn that fucking bitch Emma Walters.

I took my iced frappe and sat with my back to the entrance. Lawrence sat opposite of me, his expression blank. Stirring my coffee, I tried small talk.

He just nodded.

Then, suddenly out of the blue, his face lit up. Assuming it was me, I lit up, too. Then I heard footsteps and I turned around.

“Hey, Lee. “she said, looking as pissed off as the man-stealing bitch bext to her.

Fuck.