Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Sixty: I Dreamed A Dream

November 20th                                                                                

So a lot has happened in the past then days. Well, not a lot of things, but one thing I couldn’t get over.

After our date, we went to Lawrence’s house. And guess who decided to join the party.

Lee.

She started stripping. In front of me. So I turned around to be uh..polite.

And while I was turned around, she French kissed him.

But no, the bad part hasn’t come yet.

He didn’t do anything to stop her.

So in a shocked daze, I ran home, crying my eyes out.

:*:                                :*:                                :*:                                :*:                                :*:

A couple days passed of me ignoring Lawrence until he finally got me alone. He ook me out into the hallway and he put his hands firmly on my shoulders. And here’s what happened.

After I left, he  and Lee got in a huge fight. Lawrence admitted that he had cheatd on Lee, but he also reminded her that she said their relationship was open. So if she could see anyone, he oculd, too. Lee then tried to explain that what he did was wrong, but was at a loss for words.

Lee then asked why they dated in the first place, and his answer was pretty interesting. Lawrence said he only dated Lee for three reasons.

1.      His friends pressured him to.

2.      He liked me, but Lee had convinced him that I was too unpopular to date.

3.      He was most popular boy, she was most popular girl. It made sense at the moment.

Lee, in a hysterical mess by now, left Lawrence’s house.

And now you’re up to date.

Well, almost.

I forgot to mention Rosalie!! Well, as most of you should know, Rosalie is a singer. She’s a part of the school’s choir, and today they’re doing a concert. But here’s the best part.

Rosalie has a freaking solo!!

To what?

I have no idea!!!!

Rosalie won’t tell me. She says it’s a surprise. So, I’ve assumed that her solo will either be amazing, or really, really suck.

Let’s hope for the first option.

And now you’re caught up on everything! I am currently sitting inbetween Lawrence and Sunshine. Our group (Lawrence, me, John, Sunshine, Natalie, Emmet, and Rachel) had taken up most of the first row. Emmet and Rachel made a big poster that read “WE LOVE YOU ROSALIE!!!!” And they were planning on waving around as she sang her solo.

After about an hour or so of watching the entire chorus perform, the director announced that some of the students would sing solos. There were five solos in total.

One girl sang “What I did for Love.”

Another girl sang “Angel.”

A boy sang “Cry me a River.”

One other girl sang “I’m Not That Girl.”

And then it was Rosalie’s song. Sunshine took in a sharp breath as the music began. I gave her a weird look.

“You’ll know it in a minute.”

And I did.

Question for all of you: when you think of Les Miserables, what songs come to mind? Normally, people say:

1.      Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

2.      I Dreamed a Dream

3.      On My Own

So which song was Rosalie singing? Let me give you a hint, song number two.

I Dreamed a Dream.

But the tigers come at night

With their voices soft as thunder

As they tear your hope apart

As they turn your dreams to shame,”

I looked over at a few of my friends. Well, Sunshine, Natalie, and Rachel were crying. As I scanned the crowd, I saw that more and more people were crying.

“I had a dream my life would be

So different from this hell I’m living

So different now from what it seemed

Now life has killed the dream I dreamed,”

And I found myself crying by the end of the song alogn with everyone else. Rosalie did amazing. And when she bowed, everyone, including me, stood and cheered for her.

It was finally her time to shine.

Rosalie, our group of seven kids, and two new people, Tara and Dallas (Dallas sang “What I did for Love, Tara sang “I’m not That Girl”) went out to a pizza place to grab something to eat.

Tara was a year older than us, and Dallas was in our grade. She’s even in the dance team. I can’t believe I never noticed her! I mean, I knew who she was; she was one of the best dancers on our team. I’ve even heard she’s catching up to me and Lee.

Anyway, Dallas and Tara are actually both dancers. And apparently, Tara’s really good at tap as well. Mrs. Johnson has been in need of tap dancers, so with Dallas’ help, we convince Tara to do dance.

I think I might just like these two…

____________________________________________________________-

Sighing, this was a long chapter to write/type up. Your welcome kiddies!!!! Anyway, I have like ten days till high school. Oh My God I"m so excited kids!!! So I'm trying to get this over with so I can do my summer work lol.

You are now like..um

SEVEN (I hope)

chapters away from being done!!

hope you enjoy!! <333