Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Six: Lord Have Mercy On Me...

So.....this chapter goes out to my little editor, Margie. Oh My God don't get me started about this girl. She has done SO FREAKING MUCH for me and my writing. She's been there for me, even when I wasn't able to talk to her. I mean how dedicated is that?!?! She is beautiful, funny, smart, witty, and oh my god I love you so much. (This is making me cry writing this). She edited the first five chapters for me, until I deleted my old account. And this the sixth chapter goes to her because this woudl've been her next chapter to edit. Love ya girlie!!! <3

__________________________________________________________________________________

August 25th                                                                                       

Mom and dad were mad about yesterday. I didn’t tell them who did it, even though I kinda wanted to. I knew it was wrong to be a tattle-tale, I learned that when I was little. Mom rushed me to the hospital, demanding to know if I needed stitches. The doctor bandaged me up, and I got a lollypop for such good behavior.

Yeah, putting on a Band-Aid is real hard work.

But I protested, and I was able to go to school today. I was busy this morning; thankfully, Mrs. Johnson gave me a pass, so I could go into the auditorium to practice my dance.

I walked in and heard something beautiful. It was singing. The voice was so soulful and beautiful. I knew the song; I knew it like the palm of my hand. It was “Listen” by Beyonce.  I stepped into her view and gasped.

“Oh. You’re here.”  Lee sneered as Rosalie finished singing.

Rosalie just smiled at me, stepping back. “Do you have your music?” she asked; I handed her my I-Pod, not looking at her.

She smiled, hooked it up, and pressed play. I knew she was watching. I knew Lee was glaring. The song “Mercy,” blared on the sound system. I felt their eyes on me.

“Christina…” Rosalie whispered; I could hear the excitement in her voice.

So this was what she loved.

My body began to twist and turn to the rhythm of the music. I swayed, leaped, fell, collapsed and did all sorts of other things.

By the time the chorus was playing, Rosalie was on her feet standing and clapping.

I tried my best to hide it, but I couldn’t any longer.

I smiled.