Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Sixty Two: A Necklace

December 5th

There are two special things about today.

1.      Start of exams.

2.      Lawrence and my two month anniversary.

It was two months ago that Lawrence kissed me in the auditorium. It was two months ago that I fell in love.

But it was also about when my heart was broken by the boy I loved.

And speaking of the boy I love, the Winter Formal is this Friday, and so far, I’m not going with Lawrence..

But boy problems can’t get to me now. I’ve got my history, math, and chemistry exams  today. Then tomorrow I have Spanish, LA, and psychology. Then, I’ve got dance all morning and a talent show after lunch. This week will take all my time, effort, and focus.

I can’t worry about Lawrence.

Besides, he’ll ask me out to the dance.

Right?

************************************************************************

How’d you do on the history and math?” Dallas asked as we sat under our usual tree. Everyone mumbled a yup. Exams had kinda wiped us.

Lunch was kinda quiet today. I mean not that we didn’t want to talk to each other. Instead, we slept for the last twenty minutes of lunch.

“Guys. We have to go…” Sunshine announced. Everyone groaned, stretched, and we took our things to our next exam.

************************************************************************

All day Lawrence hasn’t stopped me or talked to me. And the dance was in a few days….

What if he asked another girl out?

What if he asked Lee out?!?!?!?!!?!??!

************************************************************************

It was 5: 30, and still nothing from Lawrence. I was carrying my dance bag, and huffing I walked to my locker to get my books. Wiping some sweat off my forehead, I put in the combination, and unlocked my locker.

A box fell onto the floor.

I picked it up, studying it. I never put a box in my locker…

What the hell, it’s probably just trash anyway. Why not open it…..

A snowflake necklace.

I gasped, dropping the box. I quickly grabbed the necklace. That’s when I noticed it.

A note.

Emma,

Will you go to the dance with me?

Lawrence