Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Fifty Four: Revenge at Starbucks

October 21                                                                                    Rosalie POV

I watched as Emma’s face twisted from sadness to agony to hatred.

Grant thought Lee loved him. Yeah, he lied. Grant and Lee were gonna kill themselves to “meet in another lifetime.” Lee was lying. Grant ended his life for Lee and expected Lee to do the same.

But she never did.

The only difference between Emma’s and my anger is our relationships with Grant. He and I barley knew each other. On the other hand, Grant and Emma dated. Sure, they broke up, but they were still really close. Probably the closest I’ve ever seen an ex-couple.

I can’t even imagine how pissed Emma is.

Then it hit me. Lee sent me a text yesterday. I whipped out my phone and searched the inbox.

Hey Rosie. Got a platinum baby! Jamming it up with Lawrence tomorrow. Wish me luck! Love ya babe ;)

I showed a depressed Emma the text and I think she understood my plan.

Hey Lee wanna hang today?

She replied in seconds. Can’t sorry. @ Starbucks with Lawrence. Might take all night ;)

I stood and took Emma out of her room and we walked to the front door. Mr. Walters gave us a questioning look.

“We’re going to Starbucks to get some coffee,”

“We can make you…”

“Nah. We’ll just go to Starbucks.” I said, trying to avoid a long conversation with Mr.
Walters. I shoved Emma and myself out the door and we ran to my car. Furiously, I put the car in drive.

“There are three Starbucks in town. I think the one by the movie theatre is where they are.” I turned to Emma who gave me a thumbs up.

And we sped down the street.