Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Twenty Two: Silence...

September 20                                                                                                           

Rosalie was waiting for me, along with twenty others. “Mom’s waiting.” She whispers, shoving people out of our way. It doesn’t matter though; I can feel their stares and hear their whispers. Coming to the party was a stupid mistake.

The two girls who were collecting money on the porch had disappeared. Once Rosalie slammed the door, the music blasted and the party rages on. Without me. Without us. My eyes burn and I try my best to hide my tears. It doesn’t work. And now, as we step into the car, I feel the warm sensation of tears falling down my cheeks.

The car ride is spent in silence. But this time, the silence isn’t comforting. It’s a reminder of who I am. The thought annoys me. We finally pull into the garage. Scarlett is sitting on the steps, waiting for us. My heart sinks to an ultimate low. She probably thins we had an awesome time. What will she think when she finds out I was only invited to be humiliated?

It’s two in the morning by the time we’re in Rosalie’s room, ready to sleep. Scarlett is sitting up, demanding all the details. Trying to forget it, I force myself to sleep.

“I think it was best for Emma to go. It showed her that those losers aren’t worth it. That make up can’t change who you are.”

And it hits me.

I know what I’m writing for this semester.