Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Sixty Six: Thank You's and I love you

December 10th

Thirty minutes later Lawrence, Rosalie, John, Rachel, Emmet, Natalie, Sunshine, Scarlett, her date named Stephen, and I were sitting in Denny’s drinking hot chocolate. Lawrence wrapped a towel around me, and his held me tightly against his body.

“Thanks for coming and leaving the dance early.” Lawrence said.

“Are you kidding?!” Natalie exclaimed.

“Yeah. We’d always support you, Em.” Sunshine added.

“We got your back!” Emmet said, winking at me. I giggled in response, only making Emmet’s smile widen.

“Plus dancing was getting old.” Scarlett said.

My heart melted. How did I get such good friends?! Seriously, I’m so lucky to have them. Without them…I have no idea where I would be now…

“Yeah well Lee’s a bitch.” Rosalie said.

“I know! Who would do such a thing?!” Rachel whispered-shouted. (Yes I know, an oxymoron).

Our conversation silenced as our waitress brought out our food. The majority of us ordered breakfast, except for Scarlett. My weird little friend Scarlett ordered grilled cheese. How I love this little girl.

As our waitress left, our conversation continued and we shoved our breakfast, and grilled cheese into our mouths.

“Just remember this. You’re always gonna be competition to Lee. She sees you as a better girl than her. Because you are, Emma. You can dance, write, paint, and do just about anything better than Lee. Never forget it. Because there will be times when that’s hard to believe, but please believe it. You have so many friends at your side. We love you, Emma. Never forget it.” Rosalie said, looking me in the eye.

And I felt it.

I had to go.

Grabbing Rosalie’s hand, I pulled her out of Denny’s and into the parking lot.

“Yeah?” she asked.

I hugged her and began to cry. She had done so much for me. And when we broke the hug, I looked at her right into her eyes and said it.

“Thank you.”

We ran back inside and Rosalie in an excited tone announced that I needed to do something. Everyone looked at me.

“Thank you.” I said for the second time.

Everyone stood and hugged me, crying and telling me how happy they were, and how much they loved me.

I think I could get used to this talking thing…

:*:                                :*:                                :*:                                :*:                                :*:

Sadly, the Denny’s adventure had to end, and Lawrence and I took off to his house. I looked over at him during the car ride home. He was crying.

“You are so brave. And you look adorable in that crown.” He said as we pulled into his driveway.

As I stepped out of his car, I felt another sentence forming. I ran over to him, hugged him, and looked him right into his eye.

“I love you Emma Walters. With all my heart.” I gave him a small smile.

“I love you, too, Lawrence.”

And suddenly, his lips met mine. It was an explosion of total peace and serenity overwhelmed me. The true meaning of life, love, and the utter wonder on both of our faces, hoping this night would never end. Knowing that for both of us, this may be the last time to prove our love, so strong, so deep, and yet so sad to never want to let go, to the meaning of life.

_________________________________________________________________________

Ao