Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011)Chapter Thirty Eight: Show time

October 20th                                                                                      Lee POV

Smirking, I wait with Mrs. Johnson at the summit County Academy of the Arts Facility. No one knows what’s wrong with Emma. Except for me. Last week, the little man stealer was flirting with my boyfriend. And she paid for it. I pushed her off the stage, breaking the bitch’s leg. But nobody knows the seriousness of the matter other than Emma and me. And Emma refuses to admit it. Mrs. Johnson doesn’t know, and she’s our dance coach.

I’d be surprised if Emma had the guts to come today. Which works out for me, cause I know how upset Mrs. Johnson gets if you ditch competition. You’ll be kicked off the dance team in a heartbeat. Which makes this a win-win situation for me. Emma comes, can’t dance, and Mrs. Johnson gets pissed cause she lied to her. Or, Emma doesn’t show and Mrs. Johnson gets pissed cause she ditched. Either way, I’m happy cause Emma’s gonna lose to me. Again.

“Where is Emma? We go on in fifteen minutes?” I ask, covering up my smugness.

“I don’t know.” Mrs. Johnson growled.

Ha. She’s pissed, Emma ditched, and I win.

Suddenly, a car speeds up and parks in a handicapped spot.

“SCARLETT!!!!!!!” Rosalie screams, slamming the car door behind her. “you can’t park in a handicapped spot!”

“We’ll just pretend I’ve broken my legs or something!” Scarlett responds.

“You don’t have a cast!” as the sisters argue, I see the back seat door open. And out comes Emma. Damnit! I try my best to manage a smile as I rush to her side, wrapping my arms around her. Emma flinches back, and I can’t help but smile. She’s so pathetic.

“Well girls you better hurry up.” Mrs. Johnson checked her watch. “You’re going on in ten minutes.”