Chapter 30

"So is that why people choose to mate with their kind?" I asked.

"Well yes and no" he got up and turned towards the kitchen "well....people choose to mate with anyone but my kind." He opened the fridge "I'll make us a quick snack okay."

I nodded and didn't say anymore, as he turned toward the fridge. Eventhough he seemed okay, I could tell that his feelings were anything but okay, his people went through alot of pain because of my family. I wish I could do something for him, to show my sincere apology.

"I guess you know why its hard to past the third shift." He said sadly.

I turned towards him "No..." I shook my head "Thats not the reason and I will prove it, just you wait."

He smiled and turned "Sure princess, whatever you say."

I smiled at him and rolled my eyes, thats when i saw a strange darkness looming in the distance. I got up and walked towards the window, a strange sense of dread came over me. "Wha-what is that? And why do I get a feeling its not good?"

He came up behind me, I turned to see a worried expression on his face. "What is it?"

"Well.... for one, we're in deep trouble, the darkness spreaded alot quicker than expected."

"Well isn't there more to this place? Can't we like, move to another spot or something?"

He shook his head "this is the last of our worlds beauty left....once its gone, this world falls apart."

I knew what he would say next but out of curiosity and fear, I asked anyway. "So what'll happen if this world dies?"

"The human world goes next."

I couldn't stop myself from asking more, but i needed to know as much as possible, "What if we tried to stop it...or, or touch it even?"

He looked at me as if I should have known the answer "you die ofcourse, once that thing touches you, you freeze then break into a million pieces. You and your existance will no longer exist."

"What do you mean by that exactly?"

"As in every trace of you would disappear, even your ashes, maybe even your soul aswell." He paused for a moment ".....But I guess it all depends on the one who's controling such evil, they are the one to control whatever happens to you."

"Woa..." all of this seemed so ridiculously crazy but i couldn't help understand why he stayed? "Well...there's one thing I'm confused about....How come you're the only person here? And where is everyone else?"

He laughed "the human world ofcourse, everyone evacuated luckily and left."

"Well Mr. Smart-aleck...how come you were stupid enough to stay?"

"Well, I wanted to keep some sort of memory alive, you know? I couldn't say goodbye just yet."

I nodded "Yeah I get it."

I sighed and looked up at him curiously "So what now...?" Before I could say more, he leaned down and kissed me, surprisingly I liked it. He put his hand on my face, then ran it through my hair.

He stopped short, then pulled back and cleared his throat. "S-sorry" he said ackwardly, his eyes moved around the room, as if to think "Ahh food! I was making us some...... Yup, I'll go do that." He laughed awkwardly. Then turned.

Ookayyy...???

I turned and smiled. "Sandwich is done." Quency said.

I turned back around and walked towards the table. "Thanks." I said. He nodded. Honestly......this is the most ackwardist dinner, I've ever had.

I bit into my Turkey sandwich, as i thought of something to say. I looked up at him "So, what do we..." I stopped, as i couldn't believe the food embarrassingly flew out my mouth and onto his face. I wanted to die.

He put his sandwhich down and wiped his face with his hand. Again i wanted to die, but first crawl under a rock. He laughed "your table manners lack." Nah scratch that, i just wish i didnt exist.

I laughed a weird cough laugh (which I do when i'm embarrassed.) I couldn't believe myself. "Umm...soo, what do we do now?" I said ackwardly as i kept my eyes down.

"Eat, sleep and pack for school, I have a wierd feeling tomorrow's going to be extreamly crazy."