chapter 23

A day or two had passed and I still couldn't believe that Quency was the missing prince.

"Xea." Quency said, pushing me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"You ready?"

I nodded. Our plan was simple but not easy. We are to get the key from the gaurd who is about to draw Quency's blood from his body. Like all of it. Then we break free from here using any escape route that we can possibly find.

We had to use this day, since it was the final day of our lives. I've been giving Quency my drinks. He had enough strength to get us out and away from this dreadful place. As for me I was a little delusional from lack of food and water.

"Xea...on my signal...scream"

A gaurd that I have never seen came in. Since these past few days different people came in to tend to us and as for Cherry, Fleí and Leo, I have no clue where they are.

The gaurd came with a huge machine, ready to steal every drop of Quency's blood. The guard leaned down. Quency faced me. I sucked in air and screamed.

The gaurd turned, distracted by me. Quency used the opportunity to raise his leg and knock him down on the ground. The Guy fell and with his head close to Quency, he kicked the gaurd out cold.

I stopped yelling by then. Quency used every bit of strength to get his left arm out of the chains that bounded him. With his left hand free, he was able to reach down and grab the key, it took awhile because of his right arm being stuck and all. After a string of profanity's and scooting the Guy closer, for a better reach on the keys, Quency was out and heading towards me.

"You know..." I said half dreaming half panting "..you could have just broken the chain with your free hand....instead of....all that" I couldn't think of any other word, my brain just couldn't think at the momment.

"I had to save more energy, it drained me enough just ripping through those chains." He released me from the chains and helped me up.

I winced as I put my left leg down, my ankle throbbed. I looked down at my torn dress that looked like it should be used for a zombie, in a zombie movie. I then looked at my bare feet and noticed how bad my ankle had swelled. I looked over at Quency, who was looking down at my ankle.

He cursed, then knelt down in front of me, with his back facing me. "Hop on"

"No, you need all the strength you can preserve." He looked up at me as he turned, his face not sure if he should believe me or not.

"Listen...I'm gonna be ok, know lets go." I painfully walked forward but without a limp, to prove to him that I was good.

He walked ahead of me and into a wet lookin', dingy hall. We came to a stop towards a room, where we heard voices.

"So...Master after we kill him, what of the girl?" A voice that I couldn't recognize had said.

Leo answered with a casual and bored tone, as if the guy should have known already "well.... I'll have her of course...But first I'll ....."

Quency grabbed my hand and quickly took me away from the door before I could here what he was going to say next.

As we walked quickly, yet painfully down the hall, I notice him huffing and puffing and mumbling something under his breath. What..? You thought I was going to say "...and blowing the house down" ....Haha...no.

He gript my hand tightly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing.." he mumbled.

"It's not noth...."

"Shh!"

We stopped near a turn. He peeked over the wall and snapped quickly back. That's when I heard foot steps coming closer.