Chapter 25

We made it through to the other side and found an exit door.

"Dang it! we need a swipe a card and a finger print!" Quency yelled. He cursed and kicked the door four times.

"I hear something down this way! Lets Go!" I heard someone down the tunnel yell.

Panic consumed me and my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would pound right out my throught.

Quency grabbed my hand tightly. I could tell he was scared to death. His hand shook with every pounding foot step that came closer.

Again, power surged through me and into Quency. My strength dimmed more as he blasted a fire ball, mixed with the colors of our power down the tunnel, where the men, unprotected, came barging through the tunnel.

Quency and I both breathed a sigh of relief. Quency raced over to one of the bodies on the floor and dragged him back to the door. He swiped the guys card in the card swipe on the door. "I hope this works" he mummbled as he lifted the Guy and used his thumb print to open the door.

He dropped the guy with a grunt, then grabbed my hand as we took off.

We were in the middle of an abandon town. It was dark and merky out here and cold. We ran down the street and towards a big sign above us.

I tugged at his arm "I ....need.....a....break!" I said gasping for air.

He stopped "alright but not here, not in the open." He pulled me over to an abandon building, three stories high.

We stopped at the end of the hallway near an exit and stairs. We entered a door to an empty apartment room and sat on the living room floor. It wasn't so bad. The carpet was ok looking and comfortable, it wasn't that dirty, but then again, it was dark.

"Are you okay?" Quency asked.

"Yeah.."

He turned to me and lifted my shirt. Blood was soaking through my bandages. Quency cursed then ripped a piece of his suit and used it to bandage my left side.

"This suit is a rental, I guess they won't be getting it back." He laughed and so did I.

He laid his head on the corner of the wall, he looked at me and patted his lap "lay down...get some sleep"

I shrugged, what the heck mind-aswell. I laid on his lap and closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry...and this time I wont let you go... this time, even if I'm not suppose to, I'll...."

Before I could hear more, I fell asleep.