Chapter 7

AN: Thank you all for reading my story, it really means a lot. And sorry it takes so long for you guys to get updates. I write from my kindle most days and it’s kind of hard for me. I will do my best to make my updates more frequent. Anyway thanks again.

_________________________________________________________

'Hey, you got homework?' Jake walked in and found Alexis sitting on the coach with a book in her hand.

'Yeah, just finishing up my assignment for Ms Fredrick’s class tomorrow. The week has passed by so fast. You got any homework?'

'I'm doing it tonight in my room. I was thinking since Jack won’t be back till mid-night or even later, that I could go out and hang out with a couple of guys I meet at school. What do you think?' Jake asked sheepishly. He wouldn't go if she didn't want him to.

Alexis stared at Jake for a minute, she was scared to be alone but she didn't want to hold Jake back from his friends. Besides Jack, her step dad, won’t be back for another couple of hours and it was just some minutes after six. 'Okay, you’re gonna be back before he comes right?'

'Yeah of course, I'm just going to throw some ball with the guys on football team.' He then went and gave her a kiss on the forehead before shrugging into his jacket. He was just at the door when Alexis piped up

'Have fun and be careful.' She smiled when Jake rolled his eyes at her. She went back to her work and soon lost track of time. When she finally took her heads from out of the books she looked outside and saw that it was already dark. Looking at the time, it was 7:45! She didn't realize it has gotten so late. Oh and Jake wasn't back yet. She got up and picked up the house phone to call him on his cell but she didn’t get him. Dialling his number again and it once again it went to voice mail. Starting to worry now, she paced up and down the living room. Where could he be, was he hurt? Stop it! Nothing is wrong with him. There was nothing she could do, she didn't know anywhere around the town. Sighing she went to the kitchen and made a Romen noodle soup for dinner.

About to sit on the couch with her dinner, she heard the front door open. Oh good Jake was home, she rushed around the corner separating the living room from the hall, only to come to come to a dead stop. Jack turned around and glared at her before he snarling. 'Were you expecting someone else?'

'Yeah Ja...' before the words could leave her mouth Jack hit her in the face with the back of his hand. Alexis fell to the ground with a thud, he head felt like it was spinning but she got up quickly and shakily stepped away from him. With each step she took he took one forward and she knew if she didn’t start explaining soon, he might well out all his anger on her. With heart racing she tried explaining 'I was waiting on Jake, he...'

'Shut up, you slut. Who were you expecting to see, your boy..friend? Were you planning on letting him sh-fuck you?' Jack sneered at her.

Alexis then realized that he was drunk and feeling sick at the words he was spitting at her she screamed out 'Stop it, please...' she watched him get more angry, for what she didn't know. Scared to death she pushed pass him quickly and made a run for the stairs but didn't get far as Jack pulled her to a stop by her hair and she screamed out from the pain. 'STOP!'

'Don't tell me what to do you little bitch!' He shouted as he throw her to the ground and kick her in the stomach twice. Alexis covered her face as best as she could and cried out as she curled into a ball from the pain. When he finished with, she heard him stubble up the stairs and she thanked God the beating wasn't so bad this time around but it still hurt. She didn't know how long she was on the floor but she got up and went for her books. Tears fell down her eyes as pain radiate through her body. Barely able to stand straight from the pain in her head and the throbbing in her jawline, she made her way upstairs and to her bed room.