Chapter 34

The past two days has been the worst for Alexis, so bad that she had just drawn into herself and stop talking to everyone. She felt so horrible that she didn't know what to do, she was eating and sleeping more than she ever had. It was so bad that she could barely stay awake in class, she had gotten kicked out four times for sleeping in class.

The girls picked on her, calling her a fat cow, a slut, tramp. Every bad name you can think of they gave it to her. Boys hit on her sweet talking her and trying to get her into bed, maybe she should be flattered but she just felt cheap and dirty.

That's what Lucas had done to her. He had left her feeling cheap and dirty and whatever pain she had over their break up was covered with hatred and anger. He had taken every ounce of self- respect she had managed to save from her step dad and ripped it to shreds. She hated him; she hated seeing him every day of her life. She hated seeing him with that bitch Alison who seems to be always over him.

She didn't have any friends. Kara and the girls had tried to talk to her but she just shut them down. It was hard enough and she didn't want anything else connecting her to Lucas.

She walked into the school lot; it was Thursday which means she had jim class today. That she wasn’t going to survive, the girls are so mean…So focus on her thoughts that she walked right into a brick wall and fell right on her butt. Groaning against the pain that shot up her ass she looked up to see Jaxon staring down at her. Feeling scared she scooted away from. She just didn't trust him; she hated him for that matter. He was always at the diner and he would watch her for hours making her uneasy. 'Don't touch me...please,' she begged when he came to help her up. She watched him looked around and she followed his gaze to see that a crowd had gathered. Don't they have anything to do? Alexis thought bitterly.

'I wasn't going to do anything. I was just going to help you up.' He said and made to hold her arm. She didn't know why but she just couldn't let him touch her.

'I said don't fucking touch me...' She screamed and everyone gasped around her but she didn't care. She felt threaten by him and she scooted away on her ass from him. He was glaring at her but he stayed where he was. She felt Lucas eyes on her and she looked to the right to see him staring at her with anger. She couldn't help it she smiled at him. She felt so drawn to him right then that she wanted nothing more than to be in his arms. No that was not right. She hated him. Even now he was looking angry. But she couldn't help it, she knew deep down that she will always love him. She loved him now dammit, she wanted him now.

Her heart shattered again when right in front her eyes Alison plastered her lips on his and it broke even more when he kissed her back. She tear her eyes away and looked at her feet, something Kelly said came back to her then. He only want you because you are new... She had never believed her then because she was sure that Lucas had really cared for her. Now she knew what a fool she had been.

He had replaced her in a heartbeat with Alison. A bitter laugh escaped her as she got up but it quickly turn to a gasp when a sharp pain ran through her lower back distracting her from the pain in her heart. 'Shit!' She cursed.

She saw Jaxon coming towards her again to help her. Was she being ridiculous? He was just going to help her up. 'I don't want your help,' the words slipped out of her mouth unconsciously. Wasn't she going to accept his help a minute ago? What was wrong with her 'But thanks anyway.'

'Alexis what happen are you okay?' She was so happy when she heard Jake's voice. He came and stooped down beside her.

In an emotionless voice she replied 'I just fell, help me up.' When he did, she held on to him and about to walk away she heard Jaxon spoke to her.

'Excuse me Alexis but is there a reason you don't want me touching you?' He asked eyeing her with an unreadable expression.

She knew something evil was behind that blank expression, don't ask how she knew, she just knew it. Her hands tighten on Jake's arm and she could practically feel him staring at her questioningly. There was a reason but she just doesn't know what it is yet. 'Don't take it personal, I just don't like strangers putting their hands on me.' It came out harsher than she intended ‘Sorry didn't mean to sound so mean.' He merely nodded and it made her feel more uneasy.

She tightened her grip on Jake and move back bring him with her. She watched him wearily as she back away from him almost afraid to turn her back to him. When she was a few feet away she turned around and hurried her way through the crowd.

'Alexis, what happen back there? Did he do something to you is that why you were so afraid? And could you release me arm please it’s starting to hurt.' She didn't even realize she was still holding on to him. She released him and looked over her shoulder at Jaxon and he was staring at her. Lucas and the others were starting after her too but she couldn't think about them right now.

'He watches me.' She whispered afraid he might hear her. 'He comes to the diner every day and he just sit and watch my every move. He thinks I don't notice but I do. I can feel his eyes boring into my soul and it is freaking me out.' She could feel the panic rising and she took deep breaths to calm herself. 'He wants me Jake.' She whispered looking behind her and was glad when he wasn't there anymore.

'Don't you think you are over-reacting? And what do you mean that he want you?' Jake asked looking down at her.

She wasn't over-reacting, her gut told her so. 'I just don't like him.'

'Just stay away from him okay?' They head into building F and Jake walked her to her seat. 'I'll see you at lunch.' He kissed her on her forehead and then left. As soon as he did her mind went back to Lucas kissing Alison and she had to breathe through her tears. She had just force her tears back when the room started loading with enthusiastic teenagers who didn't have care in the word. Why did her life have to be so complicated?