Chapter 8

'Sit at our table today please.' Kara begged for the tenth time and giving up Alexis sighed and nodded. Kara had been pestering her from the second she came through the school gate. Why she wanted them to sit with the guys today was beyond her. Kara, Becca, Lily, Selina and herself has been sitting together from Tuesday and she didn't understand why today was any different. The only reason she didn't want to sit with the boys was because of Lucas. Over bearing ass. All the rest were cool. They reached the table and fortunately for Alexis she was able to manoeuvre herself beside Kara and let her sit next to her brother.

'Hey guys,' she greeted them. They all said hi and conversation started flowing immediately. She was fully aware the whole time, that Lucas was staring at and sneaking a glance at him she saw that for the first time he wasn't looking at her with coldness or hatred in his eyes. Instead there was some kind of softness to them. She quickly looked away. She watched as the couples around the table adore each other. She observed over the week that they were always maintaining some kind of contact and that they all seem to love each other. 'So how did you guys meet, what’s the story behind your relationships. Xavier why don't you go first?'

Xavier kissed his mate on her cheek before jumping into his story 'Well, I found her and her parents stranded on the road. Becca's parent’s car had broken down and I helped them out. From then on I knew she was mine- I mean I know that we were meant for each other and that we would end up together. I wined and dined her and well...here we are in love more than ever,' Xavier finished with an adoring smile as he kissed his mate. He edited his story of course. He couldn't well tell her that when he caught her scent on the side of the road that he had simply taken her from her parents and ran into the forest and fuck her senseless. The wining and dining had come later.

It looks like Xavier had only told her part of the story as Alexis stare at the mischievous glint in his eyes. But whatever. 'That’s so romantic,' she gushed.

'If you think that was romantic, wait till you hear mine,' Javier said as he started his story 'I've known Lily here since we were kids. She use to follow me around everywhere, it use to annoy the hell out of me...Owe!' he trailed of when Lily hit him behind the head causing everyone at the table to laugh.

'You know you loved when I followed you around,' Lily said giving him a sound kiss on the lips. They were so cute together, Alex thought. Javier jumped right back in his story. 'Anyway, we...um..started developing feelings for each other once we hit puberty and we have been together ever since. She is my soul-mate. Aren't you sweetie?'

'You know it babe,' Lily replied giving him another kiss. Alexis cleared her throat amused as they seem to be getting out of hand with their kissing. 'Okay, that was more romantic than Xavier's,' Alexis said with a smile.

'Told ya,' Javier responded, smug.

'Yeah, yeah,' Alexis waved him off with a wide grin. 'Last but not least Marcus?'

'Well I'm not sure if I can top these guys...' he gesturing to the other couples 'I went out of town on a trip and let’s just say I mixed business with-um a lot of pleasure. From the moment I saw her I knew she would be my wife one day.' He kissed Selina who blush a bright shade of red.

'Those were pretty good stories. I am glad you guys found someone you can be with especially so young. I can never have that,' Alexis muttered silently before she could stop herself. She looked around the table and saw that everyone was staring at her curiously and not wanting to explain anything she quickly asked 'So Kara, how come you don't have anyone in your life?'

Kara just shrugged and replied 'Waiting for the right guy. So what about you? Leave any guys heart broken back in Chicago?'

Alexis blushed 'Well um no. I did go out with this guy once though, he was cute but it turned out he only wanted in my pants. After that drama I stop talking to him, so that didn't work out. Jake beat the crap out of him though.' Alexis laughed remembering the black eye Dean got. She wondered if she should ask Lucas about his relationship status, the only thing she knew about him was that he slept around a lot. Before she could decide however Lucas spoke and she turn around to look at him.