Chapter 52

Alexis jumped out of bed with a grace she didn't know she had looking around confusingly. Where was she? Rubbing her eyes she tried to rub away the sleep. Ohhh...Lucas had marked her last night and she had had the best night of her life. She grinned as she remembered everything from their night.

Suddenly sharp pain shot through her mouth and her nails and when she looked down she saw her nails extending. What the fuck? Was she turning into a wolf? Lucas didn't say she would turn. Moaning out in pain she ran to the bathroom, when she looked in the mirror blood was running from her mouth. Scared to death she washed it away and was just about to call Lucas when the pain stopped.

Hesitantly she opened her mouth and gasped when she saw four of her teeth has extended-two at the top and two at the bottom. She spent a minute studying them and running her tongue over it and finally concluded that she wasn't so afraid and that it was kind of cool.

Where was Lucas? She suddenly had this over-bearing urge to sink her knew found teeth into his neck. What? Her eyes widened at the thought, not knowing where it came from. But she didn't get to think too much of it as the urge got too strong. Her body got hot and the violent urge to adamant to resist what she wanted. And what she wanted was to mark him. Without a second thought she walk out the bathroom and headed for the door only to stop when it occurred to her that she was naked. At least a part of her brain was working as the major part was too focused on marking her mate.  After grabbing his robe she shrugged into it and went downstairs. She was on a mission.

She honestly didn't know what she was doing. There was only one goal in her mind and that was to find her mate. Two girls walk by her and she heard them mutter hello but she ignored them. Turning her nose up in the air she sniffled and she sought through the different scent and located Lucas in the kitchen. When she got there she paused and just stared at him, letting his beauty and magnificent smell wrapped around her like a safety blanket.

'Hey baby,' her mate turned around to look at her with a big smile. She could only stand there and marvel at how beautiful he looked in white T’s and tight blue jeans. Sexy as hell. His wide shoulders could barely fit into his shirt, his long strong legs wide apart waiting for her to stand between them 'What the fuck Alexis?!' His shouting brought her attention back to his face.

Why was he cursing at her? She didn't let it bother her though. She was too busy with how gorgeous he was, was his lips always that kissable? His face carved to perfection. Her eyes zeroed in on his neck and she felt the urge to bite overcome her again. This time stronger, so she acted on it. Keeping eye contact with his deep black eyes she moved forward slowly-like a predator stalking his prey. A thrill went through her when she realized this time she was the predator. She felt powerful and daring. She felt dangerous.

He reached for her robe only half aware that he was carrying the two ends together. They weren't tied to protect her modesty? Huh. She leaned into him and felt his strong arms wrapped around her. Burying her nose in his neck she took a deep breath inhaling his scent and a moan escaped her mouth 'You smell so good...Like old spices, the forest...sweet...' She licked his neck, his natural taste blossoming on her tongue mixed with his soap.

She smiled when he groaned only to hear the room erupt in gasp. When she looked over Lucas' shoulder she saw her friends' and Lucas' parents. Huh, you would think she saw them. But the only thing that was on her mind was marking her mate...

'You're eyes...' She heard Marcus gasp staring intently at her 'They are flashing black and green...just like Lucas' was a few minutes ago.' For a brief moment she came to her senses but the urge took over again. She felt like a totally different person. Smiling wickedly at them she felt her teeth extended further and heard them gasp louder.