Chapter 29

Lucas stood in the forest at the edge of his border with his three best friends, his father-in human form- and six of his best fighters-in wolf form. They were waiting for Alpha Kal to escort the four rogues to his land. He wasn't even too concern about the rogues, his whole body was stiff with tension because of the images flittering on his mind of last time he spent with Alexis.

'Calm down son. You know it's going to be alright. You need to keep your focus.' His father said to him. He took one more sniff in the air and he could smell them coming toward them.

'Just a few more minutes,' He told his pack, Alec and the others growl low. They didn't like rogues at all. They had questioned why he didn't just tell them they were unwelcome. He had explained to them that if he did so they would get suspicious and it would cause more problems.

The moon was shining out tonight and even if it was completely dark he would have been able to see the figures walking towards them. He quickly did an assessment and found there were nine weres in all. Like him Alpha Kal was in his human form while the rest were in there wolves. Kal must have changed before he reached his border.

He saw four wolves, a grey one and a black while the other two were brown, ran to the left behind some trees and they quickly shift. After a few minutes a man that looked to be in his late twenties walked out, with blonde hair and dressed in jeans and t shirt. He was tall but didn't have a lot of muscle. A young woman dressed in a yellow dress followed him. She had short red hair and brown eyes that stared seductively into his. He quickly shifted his attention from her. The other two came out, both teenagers and he knew they were brothers from their matching white hair-how strange-and blue eyes. ‘Keep your guards up everyone.’

'You must be Alpha Lucas of the Midnight Blood pack. I'm Jaxon, this is Alison and the twins over there are Sam and Jim.' He told him eyeing him up and down and he wasn't the only one. Alison eyed him like a piece of meat; he had to hide his distaste. The twins just look disinterested.

He didn't trust them one bit.

'By entering on my territory and getting involved with my pack I expect all of you to abide my rules. Any disregard and disturbance caused in my pack by any of you I will not hesitate to rip everyone apart. Keep in mind that I did not have to allow you in my territory. I'm not too partial to rogues who are just passing through and have no intention of joining a pack. I can see you all understand.' Authority drip with every word he muttered.

They all nodded and he turned his attention to Kal. He was a man way in his forties but didn't look a day over 30. 'I expect everything is well with you?' They were good friends regardless of their age difference.

'Yes everything is well. I have to get back now, I'll call you.' He watched him and his pack leave before turning back to his unwanted visitors. Jaxon was eyeing with a look of contemplation and he quickly hid his emotion. Hmmm...

'Let’s move out.' It was just two hours until they reach home if they ran home in wolf form. But for the time being he remained in his human form.

Everyone was tense and the forest was quite, all his enforcers made a circle around him and Jaxon's group with Javier on the right, Marcus on the left and Xavier at the back.

'You're the youngest Alpha I have ever seen. You’re still in high school right?' One of the twins, Sam, asked.

'Yes I'm still in school.' He told him reluctantly. There is no point in showing them he didn't want them here.

'So are the rumours true?' Jim asked he seemed genuinely curious. Looking over his shoulder at Jim he gave him a deadly smile and let his canines and eyes shift and was satisfied when he saw something that look very much like fear in his eyes before he masked it. He didn't answer him.