Chapter 45

Alexis lift up her shirt and looked at her rounded tummy. She had finally done some research and found out that this was not supposed to happen, that she wasn’t supposed to have a bump yet. Every time she thinks about it, she started hyperventilating. What if something was wrong with her or her baby? She loved her baby already. Didn’t know when she had started loving it but she loved it to death. Even though it scared her when she thinks about how she was going to take care of it.

Jake hadn't figured it out yet. She didn't know how to tell him. Jack was never home, she would hear him stumble to his room in the early mornings and he was gone before she was up. Most time though he just wasn't here. That worked out perfectly for her. They hadn't come face to face from day he returned and told her she should 'enjoy her freedom.' She still hadn't firgure out what he meant by that.

'Alexis...are you....' She heard Jake said but from the gasp that fill the room she knew he saw her belly before she even turned around. He looked frozen as he stared at her bump and she blushed sheepishly before covering back her tummy. Well at least she won't have to worry about telling him anymore. 'What the fuck Alexis?! I can't believe this!' He shouted causing her to jump at how angry he sounded. He rushed out of the room before she could say anything.

This was all Lucas' fault. If he hadn't broken her door down then it would have been locked and Jake wouldn't have seen her. When she got downstairs Jake was pacing back and forth in the living room. Deciding to wait until he was finish she went and sat in the couch.

'Jake...'

'How could you let this happen? How could you let him knock you up?' She flinched at the name but he didn't seem to notice 'When were you even planning on telling me?! What are you going to do Alexis? You let Lucas, someone you barely knew, screw you and throw you away like a piece of trash. Now you are carrying the bastard's child.' The next thing she knew Lucas was in her living room holding Jake by his throat. She didn’t even hear when he came in.

'Don't you dare talk to my baby like that! How fucking dare you yell at her!' Alexis could clearly see that Lucas was very angry and if she didn't stop him he might hurt Jake.

'Stop Lucas, you're hurting him.' She shouted and he looked at her his eyes soften and he came and hug her. She let herself relax for a moment before pushing out of his arms.

'Alexis...sorry...this is all much you know. What's going to happen when Jack finds out? You know he will...'

'It’s okay Jake...'

'Your stepdad? You know not once when I come here he was around. I can’t believe I have never met the man.' Lucas said puzzled.

'He travels a lot...' Alexis told him quickly. 'What are you doing here by the way?'

'I ah came to pick you up.'

Alexis frowned at that 'I will walk thank you very much.' Lucas stared at her long and hard and she knew he wasn't going to leave without her.

Now how the hell was she to go to the doctor with him driving her to school? She had made an appointment to see the local doctor today at 8:30 because she wanted to make sure her baby was okay.

Twenty minutes later she had mange to lie and dodge her way from Lucas. She couldn't get away from Jake though and had had to confess that she was going to the doctor. He wasn't mad at her anymore; Lucas however was a different matter. 'See you in a little while.' She told him and was just going to leave when he grabbed her hand.

'Wait. You know I'm sorry for acting so harsh this morning right? I'm just worried about you.' She smiled and hugged him tight.

'I know. See you later.' She kissed him on the cheek and hurried to the bus stop. Forty-five minutes later she was sitting in St. Anns Clinic waiting room waiting for Dr Markson. The waiting room wasn't too crowded, maybe because it was so early. Only two pregnant couple where their waiting with her. She would take peaks at their oversized stomachs and each time she felt panic rise inside her. Would she get as big as them?