Chapter 37

Groaning Alexis turn over on her side. The last thing she remembered was lying on a cold floor, now she was in a comfortable bed. The assholes must have moved her. Wait. She turned over that means she can move, she lift her arms and legs and flex them and almost wept with relief when her muscles cooperated with her. However her eyes weren't that clear yet. She remained still, afraid that they would hear her and decide to finish what they started.

Panic was threatening to take over and her heart rate increase with what might happen if they knew she was conscious. Okay Alexis, you can get out of this. She coached herself. She open her eyes and quint them a few times but it was still blurry, she could only make out shapes. It was better to try and get out of here than waiting on them to come for her if she was going to die anyway.

Getting up off the bed she was aware that she was still in her underwear.  She searched blindly for a sheet, she tried to rip it off the bed but it was no use. Frustrated she moves slowly towards the door. She could see light coming from under it and she paused and listen for any form of noise. Not hearing anything she opened it and rejoiced that it opened. She listened again but didn't hear anything; her eyes have little use to her. She felt a light breeze on her legs and face coming from her right, it must be a window or a door, she turned to that direction using the wall to guide her.

She didn't get far however 'You're awake,' a guy said happily. It didn't sound like any of the two guys that had kidnapped her. She looked at him but couldn't make out his features. The whole picture was a damn fog. Her heart rate increased when she thought there were more of them.

'Stay away from me.' She tried to make it sound tough but even she could hear the tremor in her voice. The wall was digging into her back to how hard she was pushing into it. 'It’s okay, your safe.' He said but naturally she didn't believe him. Her head snapped to the left when he heard footsteps rushing towards her and knew that she was doomed.

With tears flowing from her eyes she moved along the wall away from the threatening footsteps and crash into a table. Her hands run across the table, maybe she could find some kind of weapon. She found a glass stick like thing and grabbed it up and held it in front of her defensively. She knew it wouldn't do any good but she can still try.

She could feel eyes on her 'Please...don't hurt me.' Her hands were trembling with the object in her hands. 'Just let me go, I won’t tell anyone!'

'Open your eyes Alexis,' someone said. The voice sounded familiar but she wasn't sure, the beating of her own heart was drowning out any sound. She did but it was still blurry from the drugs and now the tears running like a river. She could see a crowd around her though; she just couldn't make out the faces. They were all going to hurt her.

'Alexis calm down, it’s me Jake. You are safe, put the candle holder down.' Jake? But he-he, she saw the man stab him. No he was just trying to fool her.

'No, Jake is dead you killed him. I saw you...you-you stabbed him!' she screamed at them, pain lashing through her. Was there any point in fighting? She could never win and what is there to live for?

'No, he just knocked me out. They took you but Lucas rescued you and brought you here two hours ago.' He said again.

'Lucas? So I'm safe? Where am I?' She asked but she didn't lower her made shift weapon.

She felt a hand on hers as he tried to take the candle stick from her. Finally accepting that it was Jake her body sagged with relief and she threw herself at Jake. His scent filled her nose and she cried harder. 'It's okay, you're okay, and you’re safe. They can't hurt you.' He said brushing her hair.

'I thought I lost you!' She sobbed out burying her face in his chest.

'No, I would never leave you. Let’s get you back to bed.' She didn't protest when he lift her up. He carried her-she assumed-back to the room she was in before and placed her on the bed. Jake held her hand as she settled in and pulled the covers up to cover her lower half.