Chapter 32

'I'm not going to school Jake.' Alexis groaned out pulling the pillow over her head. Jake was in her room shaking her awake but she felt like staying in bed all day. Her eyes were sore from all the crying she did yesterday and last night. She wanted nothing more than to go to sleep, unconscious, where it didn't hurt so much.

'It will get better, you know,' She heard Jake say but she ignored him. She knew it won't get any better, it will never be better again. 'Be safe, I'll see you later and I'm going to call you at lunch time to make sure you are okay.' Her door close then and she sighed with relief that she was alone. She closed her eyes and tried to get back to sleep but it was no use.

Frustrated she jumped out of bed and just like yesterday a sharp pain run through her only this time it was in her lower back. She sat back down and rubbed the spot wondering what it might be. Maybe Lucas damage one of my organs with that monster of his. She thought ridiculously. And before she knew it tears come to her eyes. How can she think of him without breaking down?

Sniffing she got up and went to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth she decide to just take a bath and more tears came to her eyes when she remembered them showering together. All that time he was just playing with her, building her up to his grand finale. Stripping she step in the shower and let the beat of the water sooth her. It washed her tears away at the moment but it couldn't wash the sobs breaking out of her throat. How could he do this? She loved him so much.

She spent two hours in the shower before she got out and dress in some boxer shorts and tank top. Making sure that Jack was not home she went done stairs and to the kitchen to make breakfast. Deciding on a little comfort food, she took a jar of Bennie’s ice cream, some chocolate syrup and a jar of pickles. Wait, she didn't want any pickles and about to put it back her mouth started watering for it. She wanted it; maybe she could mix it with the syrup.

Her stomach growl out with longing for the taste of that pickle dipped into rich syrup.

Shrugging she put it on her stock of food. After grabbing two bags of potato chips and a jug of milk because she couldn't bother with a glass knowing she will want more and she wouldn't want to get up again. It took two trips to the kitchen to carry her food to the living room and once she was settled she turn on the TV and start on her ice cream. God it was 9:30 and she was eating ice cream. She skipped through all the lovey-dovey shows to watch a zombie sucking out a man's neck. It was perfect.

She didn't want anything to remind her of her lost and she had to concentrate real hard to not think about the couch she was in. When she was finish eating she looked around to see that she had eaten everything and drink half of the milk. Wow, she couldn't believe she had eaten so much. She turned off the TV not wanting to watch anything else and just zoned out. She felt so numb, so broken and just down right empty. She didn't know she could hurt so much, especially over a stupid boy. She felt water on her hands and she reached up and brushed her cheeks to find them wet, she was crying again. Will it ever end? The pain, the misery she was in, will it ever go away?

Getting up she ran upstairs back to her room and straight to her bed. She was going to nurse her broken heart back to health even though it’s impossible. She had a feeling that she will never be whole again.

Is he okay?

How is he?

Will he be okay? That was all Lucas had been hearing from the moment he got home yesterday. His pack members were worried about him because he hadn't said one word to anybody ever since he came home. His parents were worried to say the least but he couldn't bring himself to care. He had never felt so bad in his life and never more angry yesterday at when they were having lunch.