Chapter 10

Alexis watched out the window through the curtain as her Jack got in his car and drove off. Sighing with glee, she made her way back upstairs. She had already picked out her clothes to wear on her date with Liam; the only thing she had to do was clean the house before it was time to get ready. Looking at the time she saw that it was 8:30, she only had about an hour before she had to shower and get ready. Good thing she didn't have much to do and that she didn't take hours to get dressed. 'Okay, bathrooms first. Worst house work ever,' she muttered to herself.

'You look very nice.' Jake said with mouth full of cereal. 'You're really excited about this date aren't you?'

Alexis only shrugged, she wasn't over the top excited but excited enough. 'Yeah. He seems nice.' She sat down and watched some TV while she waited on Liam. Before either of them realized an hour has passed. 'Do you think he is coming? He should have called if he couldn't make it.' Alexis muttered as she looked at the time with a deep frown, it was now 11:21.

'Let me give him a call.' Jake muttered as he got up and went upstairs for his cell phone. A moment later he returned and by the frown on his face Alexis could tell that it wasn't good news. 'Well?' she asked anyway.

'I can't reach him; he's not answering his cell.' He said with the phone still at his ears and Alexis sighed. She knew he wasn't coming; she had gotten dressed up only for him to stand her up. She didn't go to change however; maybe she can give him a few more minute. Then she would go out with Jake instead.

After two hours pass, Alex turn the TV off, she was watching one of her favourite movies. She had given up on going out with Liam an hour and a half ago and just sat and relax. She wasn't too disappointed; in fact she didn't really feel anything. About to go up the stairs she saw Jake coming down dresses in a black t-shirt and black jeans. 'And where are you going?' Alexis inquired.

'We are going out. I should have shown you around much earlier. You're not upset about Liam.' Jake stated puzzled. He could see that she wasn't upset and he was glad for that. He was another story though; he was going to kick his ass Monday.

'Wait; let me change out of these shoes.' Alexis said rushing up the stairs. A few minutes later she came down wearing her converse ready to go. They walked a few blocks to the bus stop and got one that was heading to the center of the town.

It was some minutesi after 5 before they returned home. They had walked most of the time when they were in the town and Alexis was surprised at how developed the town was. She had thought that it was just that - a small town- with too little clothing stores, one grocery store and if you want to do some serious shopping you would have to go out of town. But it wasn't that at all, the town had everything that was needed.

'Wasn't what you expect was it?' Jake asked and chuckled.

'Not at all. You're not hungry are you?' they had stopped at a restaurant and ate a few hours ago and she wasn't hungry. Jake on the other hand, she could never tell with him. She didn't know how he eats so much and stay so fit.

'Surprisingly no, I'm good.' He laughed when he saw Alexis sigh with relief. 'I'm going to watch some TV. Coming?'

'No, I think I might take a walk in the woods.' she told him heading for the back door. It wasn't dark out yet so she might do a little exploring on her first weekend here.

'Be careful okay? You know what I'm coming with you.' Jake said moving toward her.

'What? Is the big bad wolf going to get me?' she laughed when Jake glared at her. 'Seriously though, you don't have to. I'm not going far, I'm sure I will get bored soon and turn back.' she told him.