Chapter 48

'How did you know that that will work?'

'I didn't. All I knew was that I had to try everything.' Lucas muttered to father. His voice lost in Alexis’ neck but knowing he could hear him none the less.

It was the most excruciating thing to do. To sit back and listen as his babies' die and knowing that there was nothing he could do. His mind had worked over every possibility that could save the babies and then it had just popped into his head. With his knew found solution came determination had followed. He didn’t know if it would work but he wasn’t going to just sit back and do nothing. There was no way in hell he wasn't going to try everything.

Without even thinking the whole thing through he had hurriedly pulled down her skirt and once he got access to her hip he let his canines extended and just bit her right above her hip bone. He had done it to both side and had made sure to get enough enzymes into her system that maybe could help with the healing process and help strengthen his babies.

Minutes had passed before he heard the telling sound of their heart rate picking up. He had cried with sweet relief when he heard the heartbeat increase more and more. He listened for one whole hour until they became steady and strong. He had kissed and licked her tummy and talk to them, telling them how happy he was that they had fought. His happiness was dampen however when Sylvester told him about Alexis current condition. Alexis was not so lucky to get stronger with his chemicals running inside her. He had nearly gone crazy when Sylvester told him that she had slipped into coma. No matter how many times he had called her she still hadn’t woken up.

It pained him greatly every hour when he hoped that she would wake up and only end up disappointing himself even more. He didn't like to see her lying so still, looking so fragile. He missed her voice and her deep green eyes. He missed it so much. Missed her so much. He had gone as far as trying to invade her dreams but it was no use. There was only blackness there for the two minutes he had spent in her head.

Two days. Two days he has been lying next her on his bed. He had moved her when he realized that the hospital bed wasn't big enough to hold both of them. He hadn't left the room since, wanting to be near her and with her when she comes to.

'You know you going to have to leave the room sometime right? It’s not healthy.'

'If my mate is not healthy then I'm not healthy either.' He told him firmly. The only time he even left the bed was to use the bathroom and shower. He didn't care about anything else.

Everything he had or even wanted is lying beside him. 'Miguel wants to see you. We should all meet in your office.'

Shit he had completely forgotten about that. 'I'll be right back okay? Just a few minutes,' He told her kissing her on her lips before he got up. He was only wearing his boxer so he shoved his legs in a pair of denim and throw on a white T-shirt. 'Let's get this over with. I want to be here when she wakes up.' he hurried down the stairs and to his office. 'Kara you and the girls can go and keep Alexis company while I'm gone.' He had never allowed anyone in the room in two days and he figured they would like to see their friend.

'Miguel give it to me, do you have any updates?' He demanded as he burst through his office only to come face to face with a stranger among Miguel and his friends. And from the smell he could tell he was human. 'Who are you?'

'I'm Dr Markson. You are?' The man came up to him with a smile and holding out his hands.

'He's the doctor that is doing research on Alexis.' Miguel told him through the mind link and he quickly became angry. He ignored his hand and glared at him.