Chapter 44

Alexis walked down the stairs the next morning aware that her friends were in the living room watching TV. She walked in and saw that they all stayed. 

'Hey how are you feeling?' Lily asked coming to hug her.

'I'm fine. You guys didn't have to stay.' She told them giving each of them a hug when they come up to her. They were all staring at her weirdly but she ignored it. Her belly growled then and she blushed, positive that the others heard it. She had missed dinner last night so it was safe to say that she was starving. Her baby sure does eat a lot. 'I'm going to make breakfast, do you guys want anything?'

'Actually Jake made it already, you can just go in and come eat it in here so we can watch a movie.' Becca suggested. She nodded and made her way to the kitchen. There she found a plate full of waffles, bacon and eggs and her mouth watered instantly. She packed it up on a plate and went to the fridge to get a glass of milk. When she opened it she made sure to take out two apples also. She gathered everything and went to the living room. Xavier made space for her on the couch and she went to sit beside him balancing all the food in her lap and dug right in.

'Are you going to eat all that?' She heard Xavier asked. She blushed and nodded wondering when she would tell them that she was going to have a baby.

She was half way through when she heard the front door open. Carefully she put her breakfast on the centre table before rushing to it afraid that it might be Jack. A sigh escaped her when she saw that it was only Lucas but immediately tense up. She remembered clearly last night and that she had revealed that she was pregnant just because of that fucking dream she had. It made her so mad that she had spilled the beans. She didn't want him to know. Ignoring the smile he gave her she went back to finish her breakfast. She ignored him when Xavier got up and he sat beside her.

'Are we going to talk about last night?' He whispered in her ear.

'No and don't talked to me.'

'You know I could have impregnated you right on this couch. Remember? When I had you from behind?' He said causing the whole room to erupt in gasp. How could he? She didn't get a chance to say anything when the girls bounce over to her screaming.

'You're pregnant?!' Becca shouted making her blush. She didn't make eye contact with any of them and just nodded. 'Why aren't you excited?' Why was she excited?

'I'm not too fond of raising a baby by myself. I have no money and I'm pretty sure that I won't have anywhere to live soon once Jack finds out.' She didn't let herself think about that much, if she did she would no doubt freak out. She had just been taking it one day at a time; she will cross that bridge when she gets there.

'What the fuck are you talking about?' Lucas shouted from beside her.

She was so not in the mood for him. 'What? Do you think this change anything between us? Well it doesn't.' She snapped 'And don't you dare shout at me.'

He just stared at her before he took a deep breath 'Alexis I will take care of you and our baby. You might not believe it but I do care about you, so so much. You have no idea how hard these few weeks have been for me. Just let me explain things...'

'What you've been through? Are you kidding me? You left me remember? You broke me!' She shouted and rush out of the room with tears running out of her eyes. She quickly went upstairs and lock her door behind her. A second later she heard banging on the door and she didn't have to guess to know it was Lucas.

'Alexis open the door or I will break it down!'

'Go away.'

'Alexis please...'