Chapter 33

The whole weekend it felt like someone was watching her. She went to work Saturday and that guy Jaxon was there. All through her shift he would just sit there and stare at her but she ignored him. When she left work she could feet eyes on her. It was safe to say you can add paranoia to her depression.

Sunday night she was just sitting and looking out her window when she saw someone step back in the dark shadowing of the trees. It looked like to be a man. Her heart beat kick up speed. It didn't move when she got up and close her window. She didn't take her eyes of the figure as she backed away from the window. Once she was sure that it couldn't see her she ran for the door and pound on Jake's door. 'What's going on?'

'There is a man outside my window!' Jake ran ahead of me and went into my room. I stayed behind scared because I didn't want to feel his eyes on me. 'Do you see him?'

'No, I don't see anybody. Are you sure?' Jake asked still with his head still peeping out her window. 'Are you sure you saw someone?' He asked again as if she was crazy.

Frowning she walked to the window. 'He was right there I swear!' She pointed to where the man had been standing. But he wasn't there anymore and she wondered briefly if she had imagined it. 'He was there!' She said more firmly. No way had she imagined it.

'Okay. He's gone now then. Get some sleep Alexis, you haven't been sleeping lately. There are bags under your eyes.' He gave her a hug before he left. Was he kidding, she had done nothing but sleep. She had had to spend half day at the Diner because she was bone tired after sleeping the entire night Friday, Which didn't make any sense. Even after sleeping the whole day today she was still tired.

Sighing she got into bed and she wasn't surprise to find her body drifting off into sleep.

                                                                     *

'Lucas?' she called timidly. She didn't know where they were it wasn't any of their normal spot. Everything was gray, one big clearing of grey. Then she could make out trees and shrubs all around, but it was her usual flower bed. They were deep in the forest. Lucas had his back turned to her and she couldn't see his face.

She felt excitement bubble up inside her knowing she can be with him in her dreams. He was still hers here. She ran to him but he only move away, she ran and ran but he always evade her grasp. She could feel the panic and desperation taking over her body. She just knew she had to catch him. 'Stop running from me Lucas! I want you!' she yelled frustrated and tired. She made one last attempt to catch him and she grinned triumphantly when she did 'Got you’!'

'I don't want to see you anymore bitch. You were nothing more than a good lay!' Her smile died and devastation took hold of her. He was looking at her with disgust and she stepped away from him. This was her dream, he can't do this to her here. He was supposed to be the Lucas who loved her.

'You can't do this to here, it is my dream and I can do what or have what I want,' she told him with a smirk 'And what I want is you, so you have to stay. I created you and control you here.' she went and hug him. Before she could relax he pushed her away. 'What are you doing?'

'I said I don't want you!' and before she could say anything he was gone. She ran and ran calling out his name but he didn't come back and she just screamed.

She felt someone shaking her but when she looked around no one else was here in the forest. Everything started disappearing. Tears were running down her eyes and before she knew it she was in water. From the salty taste she knew it was her tears she was swimming in. She swam but she was going under, she screamed for Lucas but he never came. Her head was under the salty river, she was drowning in her own despair.