Chapter 61

'I'm so sorry. I fell asleep.' Alexis run into the kitchen apologizing. She had fallen asleep a few hours ago and woke up and saw that it was nearly dark. But looking around she saw that everything was done. The counter was covered with all different types of food and beverages. Sue and another lady, she didn't remember what her name is, was there helping Carmen wrapping and mixing sauces. 'Is there anything I can do?'

'No dear, everything is set up.' Sue told her with a gentle smile 'Wait, you could probably look about some music and set them beside the radio. I don't know what young people listen to now-a-days.' Alexis had to laugh at that. She was acting like she was old when she only looked about 28.

'The party is starting in an hour so you can just go up and get dressed when you are through.'

'What about decoration?'

'Didn't you see it on your way down honey? Lily and the others did it already; they are in their rooms getting ready now too.' Oh, she nodded and left the kitchen to get the music sorted. Once in the living room, she chose a few classics that can play in the background along with a few jazz and pop in case anyone wanted to dance. She realized that they had shifted the couch and other chairs to the corners of the room for space and a dance floor. It was big enough that three or more couples could be on the dance floor at the same time.

They had decorated the place in white and blue small ribbons taped on the walls, they were the kind you use at weddings but I guess those were the only ones they have on such short notice. Sighing she went and looked out the window. The tents were still there and there were children playing. She guessed that some of the guys had put up lights because they were all shinning bright lighting the way and making it easy for them to live under the tent.

She hadn't been outside since the day and she decided it was time she say hello to everyone. When she got outside two kids ran up to her. From there scent she knew they were from a different pack. 'Hi and what's your name and what pack are you guys from?' She asked the excited little girls.

'I'm Milsa and I'm from High River Pack.'

'And I'm Kas from the Ridge Pack. It's so nice to meet you.' They both laughed and hugged her legs. 'Come on girls, leave your Highness alone. I apologize ma'am' A tall dark lady came up and took both children in each of hers.

'Oh no, please call me Alexis.' She hurriedly corrected. The lady was ten times older than her for crying out loud, it was weird for her to be addressed that way.

'My name is Katia, this little one is mine. How far along are you? Five months?'

'Ah no, two and half months actually.' Was she that big? She looked down at her body and she couldn't even see her feet. She was so...so fat. 'I'm hideous!' she shrieked causing everyone to stare at her. She started to full out cry and she thought about how awful she must look. Was that why Lucas was behaving this way and staying away from her? Because he was disgusted?

'NO! You're gorgeous...I...I'm sorry...' Alexis didn't respond as she ran as fast as her stomach would allow. 'What's wrong dear?' She heard Carmen ask but she ignored her and head for the stairs. She didn't know how long she ly in bed sniffling. Then she heard the door open. 'What's wrong honey?' She heard Lucas asked. He came and sit beside her on the bed taking her hands in his. 'I miss you.'

'I'm right here love...'

'No you're not. You're not talking to me and you keep shutting me out. I'm sorry about last night. You weren't talking to me and I just wanted some air. I'm sorry...' she sobbed loudly. He sighed and ly down beside her taking her in his arms so she could ly on his chest.

He held her for a while rocking her lightly. 'I'm not upset with you, I'm upset with myself for not being there for you. To protect you and our triplets, my gosh I almost lost you. It scares me every time I think about it. You even called me and if I had been paying attention I would have known something was wrong or even know when you left the house. I'm the one who is sorry. I keep promising I will protect you and I failing every time.'