Chapter 62

The foyer was filled with people going in and out of the door, the kitchen and the living room. The door was kept open so anyone could come and go. She was greeted by hellos and head bows as she made her way into the living room. Soft jazz music played in the back ground and two couples were dancing in the middle of the make-shift dance floor. All in all it seemed like everyone was having a good time, they were all laughing and talking.

Among the cheerful was Lucas who was laughing and talking with Chelsey and the couple they had had dinner with. Sighing she walked over their after the girls left her to find their own mates. Would he complain and remove her hands from around his waist if she hugged him? She hated feeling so unsure. Hesitantly she hugged him around the waist and was relieved when he wrapped his arms around her shoulder. 'Hi.' She whispered shyly.

'I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier. I'm Carlton and this is my mate Kate, where Chelsey's parents.' The man said. He was on the beefy side appearance wise with dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes. His mate, Kate, was much like her daughter. Blonde hair and plum red lips, only she was on the curvier and older side.

'It's nice to meet you both' she forced out as they both shook her hand. Why they had that stupid smug smile on their face she couldn't tell. They were looking at her from head to toe, measuring her up and making her feel uncomfortable. Deciding to just ignore them she turned back to her mate 'Would you like to dance?' Before he could answer Chelsey touched her tummy. It took all her control to stand where she was and not step back or slap her hand away. Only family she let touch her tummy and no one else.

'So you are having a baby, whose is it?' Alexis stiffen at her question, shocked. The entire room stop talking obviously shocked by the question too. This werewolf thing can be inconvenient at times

Was she stupid or just plain fucking crazy? 'What the fuck is that supposed to mean?'

She even had the decency to smirk at her 'Well I just thought you and Luke had something going on. From earlier, you were being so familiar with him and by the way you were looking at him and he was looking you...I just thought... I always had a keen sense to sense these things, could always see when people adore each other' An angry flush rise on her cheek by the time she finished talking. She, along with everyone else was stunned silent.

Was she serious? Was she actually accusing her of cheating on her mate with her body guard? It sounded so fucking ridiculous that she burst out laughing. 'You're joking right?' She barely got the words out above her laughter. Chelsey looked at her like she was the one who lost her mind.

'Well I know when someone adores someone and know what it looked like. After all, we experienced it first-hand.' That sobered her up. Reminding her that Lucas once did or... still does love this girl. She actually reached out and touched Lucas' hand and smirked at her. She was just about to knock that smug smile of her face but Lucas growled at her. Now she was the one who wore the smug look.

She obviously wasn't expecting it 'How dare you question the paternity of my children?' He growled at her. And to her complete surprise Chelsey threw herself in Lucas' arms. And because she was standing right next to him she was shoved to the side. If a guy hadn't caught her she would have fallen flat on her back. 'Are you okay my Queen?' She nodded distractedly as she took in the scene before her.

Chelsey had her face buried in Lucas' neck pleading for forgiveness 'I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it I swear. Please forgive me...' She watched as Lucas sighed and comfort her all the while telling her it was alright and she was forgiven. 'Dance with me?' And she watched horrified as he took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Tears fill eyes as the guy helped her get her balance. She had almost fallen on her ass and he didn't even check to make sure she was alright.