Divorced

Ha. It's funny how just a month ago I was a happy married woman with a goal of selling romance books and having two to four kids. I wanted to be a house wife, you know the whole; cook dinner for my family, do chores around the house and have a huge smile on my face every time my kids and husband walks through the door. But No! I didn't get a chance to have that, since my so called husband wanted to cheat on me with his secretary.

One day, I decided to surprise my husband at the office with his favorite meal; grilled boneless thighs chicken, mashed potatoes and string beans, food that I took the time I should be writing my book to cook. When I walked in his office, I was hoping to see him sitting behind his desk, stressed over papers so I can give him a massage. Instead I saw his secretary bend over on his glass desk, while he acted like a animal behind her.

I didn't walk out like Anika from Empire; Oh No! I went in there yelling, throwing things and calling the two out there names. I was basically making a fool out myself by acting ghetto and not classy like my mother raised me to be. Like mostly all women in this type of situation, I was hurt. Not only because I caught them, but because he was sleeping with other women since we started dating. I was to stupid and naive to figure it out.

Afterwards, I instantly called my lawyer for divorce papers. I wasn't the type of woman that would try to resolve something like this. Once you broke my heart, you can never repair it. Now here I am; divorced, sad and sleeping on my baby sister's couch.

"Sky, come on sis, get up. You need to eat something." Danielle; my twenty two year old baby sister said as she tugged on my feet to wake me up from my deep slumber.

"No." I whined and turned on my side so my back was to her.

I heard Danielle huff. "You need to get up. It's been three weeks since you left out my apartment." She stated.

Yup, three long and depressing weeks. "Give me another week." I mumbled into the couch pillow I was laying my head on.

"No!"

I sharp sting went through my back side, making me hiss and turn on my back to look up at my deranged sister. "Ow! That hurts."

She smirked. "Good. You need to get dress and walk out this apartment so you can see your publicist."

"My publicist? She never called me last week."

Danielle reached to my phone and put in my passcode. I need to stop giving this girl my passcode to my phones. "See." She shoved the phone in my face to see my latest call log. The first number I see was the office number where my publicist works. "Luckily for you, I answered your phone while you was sleep. She wants to see you at one, so you have thirty minutes to get up, eat, take a shower, brush your teeth and all the other good stuff that makes you look sexier than before."

I groaned and rolled off the couch. My legs felt wobbly for laying down to much, and also not for exercising for the past month. Once I was in the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. When I say I look horrible, I really mean I look like a monster that went through hell and back. My face lost its color, my eyes was red from crying, my lips felt dry. My body- well my body looks the same; curvy, I have a few rolls but it's all good. Luckily my braids was still looking brand new. All I basically need is makeup to make me look decent enough to go outside.

******

"You're late." My publicist; Becky said as she looked through some papers.

I flopped down in one of the chairs in front of her large wooden desk. "Thanks for noticing." I said with a sarcastic smile. "So Becky, why did you call me in here on this fine day." It was actually raining cats & dogs outside.