Divorced ch.52

Once again, I could not sleep; Neavia- the name I will give my precious baby girl- was kicking me as if she was playing soccer with my spleen. I tried rubbing my stomach like the birth instructor told us to do, but as stubborn as she is- it wasn't working. Fortunately during the day she settles, but my back would kill me. I guess it's the price of being pregnant.

Mike and I started our usual morning by walking to school, we collected the items that we needed to start our day and headed out. However Aaron was on the porch with his casual clothing and that huge smile upon his face, this time he was holding white blossomed roses.

"Good morning," He greeted to the both of us, obviously knowing the questionable looks upon our faces. "I brought you these," Aaron handed me the bouquet like a nervous guy trying to ask a girl out on a date.

"Thanks," I took the bouquet and smelled them. "Good morning, did you stay here all night?" I asked in a teasing way.

Aaron chuckled before rubbing his waves, "Nah, just thought I'll get up early and we can all walk together." He specifically looked down towards Mike with a small smile. "What you thinking lil mane?"

Mike looked between us before shrugging his shoulders, "It's whatever. Can we go, don't want to be late meeting up with Brittany."

"Yeah, let me put these up and we'll go." I opened the door and hurried inside to place the flowers in the table and walked back outside to only feel the tension coming from Mike. "Shall we."

All three of us walked along the sidewalk in silence, not wanting to start an awkward conversation. Although I didn't want to speak, considering I was basically in pain because of my back; I still started small talk. "Mike is part of a spelling bee competition. He's competing with three elementary schools in the finals, is that right Mike?"

Mike nods his head yes before saying, "Yes, the finals are on Monday in Eleanor's high school auditorium. It's supposed to be huge." He explained.

Aaron lips tugged into a proud smile, "My boy, congratulations. Have you been studying?"

"Non stop," I spoke up before slowing down my pace when I heard the children crossing the street. "Okay, this I our stop."

"Wait," Aaron gave me a questionable look, "You don't walk on the school grounds with him anymore?"

"Mike's ten, not seven anymore. Besides he's capable to walk across the street by himself." I stated. "Have to walk back home today, bud." I rubbed his head, my usual form of goodbye.

Mike chuckled before saying, "Bye, and yes, I do have everything." He walked away before I can could go down the list.

Just in time Boris pulled up at the usual spot, bumping classical music and wearing casual clothing. This time he stepped out the car to greet Aaron with a simple head nod. Boris opened the back seat door for me to hop in, or slide in at least. Aaron stared me down so I won't go for some odd reason. "What's going on here?"

Boris chuckled while shaking his head at Aaron possessiveness. "I'm take Sky in for a meeting, do not worry little Aaron." He said, Russian accent thick and deep- in which I thought he was approving his all American accent.

Aaron did not have it, which made me think Boris driving me around was not one of his ideas. "Listen," I stepped in before the situation became bigger than it's supposed to be. "This is our routine- Mike and I. We do this everyday for the five months, you can't just come back and decide to take over again- that's not how it works." I said what I needed to say before sliding into the car.

I looked out the window to see Aaron looking like a lost puppy, suddenly Neavia started to kick my organs as if she was having a temper tantrum. "Calm down Nea, for mommy." I rubbed my belly while taking deep breaths.