Divorced ch.55

Epilogue....

"....I'm so sick of this!" Shelly yelled out, it was the usual Sunday morning. The two of us were on our way to her mother's nursing home, both tired and out of it because we had to wake up so early in order to take Miss O'del to church.

I sighed heavily while stretching out in my seat, "You know damn well you going to be doing it again next Sunday." I pointed out, causing Shelly to shut up.

"It's. it like she's going to remember the next day." Shelly huffed while gripping the steering wheel. Shelly and her mother's relationship was improving, yeah Shelly complains- but out of love.

Shelly pulled up to the nursing home before killing the engine. Miss O'del was actually waiting for us at the front door, her eyes wandered the empty street. Shelly stepped out the car and made her way over to her mother with a small smile, at first Miss O'del looked confused- but then she grabbed Shelly's hand with a huge smile.

"Thank you girls, for taking me to church today." Miss O'del said when we pulled out of the nice neighborhood.

"Any time Miss O'del," I said.

Church was not all that bad, Shelly and I actually attended the services a lot- everyone knew our names by heart, even the pastor. After the early bird service, the three of us went to this Waffle House in Brooklyn. Miss O'del apparently grew up in this Waffle House because her childhood home use to be on top of it. The owner of this building somehow still works there, even at the age of eighty- he's still working the grill.

Mister Norman paid for our meal because we were the most beautiful woman he ever met and he knew Miss O'del as well- since her mind is still in 1989, she knew him as well.

"Oh Mister Norman, you have more gray hair than our old cat." Miss O'del teased, causing the old man to laugh and slap his knee.

"Oh child, you just don't know. You look exactly like your momma,"

Miss O'del suddenly blushed, "Oh Mister Norman."

Shelly and I shared a look, both thinking the same thing- she's trying to flirt with him... "Mom," Shelly immediately cuts in. "We should get going,"

Miss O'del eyes went wide with shock, "W-what?"

"Thank you Mister Norman for the free meal, but traffic is going to..."

Mister Norman nods his head in understanding, "You're welcome girls. Thank you for stopping by Olive,"

Miss O'del's cheeks turned red once more, "No problem."

I peeked around the corner, in the rooms, bottom cabinets and even the laundry room. Silence was upon me like a wet blanket. I did a complete three-sixty while trying to figure out where she could be.

Neavia and I were playing hide-n-seek, currently she was beating me- considering I have not played hide-n-seek for over twenty-five years, and she's a very smart girl. "Marco!" I know that's not part of the game, but I needed a hint. A giggle filled the silence like a penny dropping in a quiet room. "Marco!"

More giggling came from my left, the small China cabinet that I dared not to check because it was too small- I guess not. I snatched open the only cabinet that can open. There she was, my Neavia. She squealed in excitement and slide out of there so fast, it was like her life depended on it. I easily picked her up in my arms and tickled her stomach- making her wiggle around and laugh.

"You thought you can run," I teased while continuing to tickle her. I soon stopped and laughed as she tried to get out of my arms, still a smile upon her adorable face, her dark skin glowed and dimples were deep like pot holes. Her hair was long, fluffy and curly- healthier than mine. Neavia looks like a angel, but she's sneaky like a little demon- the game proves of her ways.