Divorced ch.48 (Aaron's POV)

When I saw her sitting there with nothing but a towel, looking afraid as if she just seen a ghost- I was worried. However, when I heard the devil himself was here in our home, talking to my woman- I was furious. So furious I wanted to kill someone, him especially- but I was more worried than anything else. Sky cried in my arms when she told me what happened, all I could do was hold her and rub her back in comfort. As doing so I mentally kicked myself for not being there, for not coming in time and to strangle him to death.

I couldn't sleep at all afterwards, nor could Sky. All four of us slept in the living room, considering Sky didn't want to be in our room that night and I can make sure no one else breaks in.

I stared up at the white ceiling, thinking of different ways I could kill that nigga without getting caught and even then I didn't care if I get caught. The jail time was not on my mind, of it's for protecting the people I love.

Sky shifted beside me, draping her arms over my torso while her head rested on my chest. "Who is he?"

My body stiffened from her question, I knew she'll ask sometime soon. Although I knew, I wasn't ready for it. The past was like salt on a wound to me, just the fact he was in my house made the wound burn even more. I looked over to Mike and Kaxity, thanking his they weren't here when he showed up.

"They're fast asleep," Sky insured.

I sighed heavily before rubbing my eyes, "Ken, short for Kendall." I sighed once again while sitting up, causing her to lay her head on the pillow instead of my chest. "Use to deal to me, that's basically it..." That wasn't really it, I just didn't want to discuss it at the moment. "I don't feel comfortable talking about this in front of them. Besides, I gotta get ready for work."

There was a look upon her face that I hardly recognized, but she immediately cleared it when I mentioned I had to leave. Sky sat up herself with a raised eyebrow, "What? It's five in the morning." The rays of the sunrise slipping through the spaces in the curtains and the cardboard, hitting her smooth dark skin- making me want to stay by her side and kiss her all over; like always. However I couldn't, I needed to get things done and if I stay any longer, I would delay the actions I need to do until it was too late.

"I wanna get things done and I have to go to a meeting during lunch." I stood to my feet and adjusted my shirt so it was not bundled up to my chest, since Sky was basically filling up on me during the night.

Her lips turned into a pout that would make me turn into a pussy in under five seconds, but not today, not now. I fought the urge to give in, to turn my head and walk off- It should be a natural instinct, to not give a shit, shrugged my shoulders and walk off like I don't care. Although I wanted to leave, I couldn't. "I'll be back before dinner," I insured while bending down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

Her pout disappeared immediately, "Okay, but make sure you are."

I stepped over her to get around the couch, "I will."

I walked into the busy hotel, it was close to spring break, the college kids who doesn't want to go to the beach or an exotic island or basically does not have the money for that stuff, decides to come to New York and spend the time with their family so they can pay their way. I don't blame them, you gotta hustle as much as you can.

I managed to slip my way through without being spotted by my manager. She's been trying to flirt with me for the longest and she knows I'm not feeling her. I mean, she's sexy and all- but I'm with Sky and she's kinda not my type. I like them irresistible, smart, hard to get and kind- that's why I'm so hooked on Sky, she's all those things that I want in a woman.